Google Desktop  » Software  »
  • I could pause this process this at any time if I wanted to

• by jamesa9791
      Google Desktop Search is a free search program that you can use to search your computer for documents and other files. It makes a small Google search box on your Windows taskbar and if you type something in the box it instantly finds files on your computer with those words.

Google Desktop will search inside Word files, PDF’s, and even emails.

It is constantly indexing your computer so it

can find files much faster than the windows search.

When I say instantly, I’m talking about less than two seconds to find any file on your hard drive.

Google Desktop has changed the way that I use my computer.

Instead of hunting through nested folders, trying to find an individual file, I just type a few words that were in that file and Google Desktop instantly finds it.

I ...

• no longer have to wonder where I put anything because Google can find it way faster than I ever could! I just type what I want, click on the resulting file, and it opens in the appropriate program.

Google Desktop Search is faster than Windows search because Google Desktop indexes your computer, making a list of every file on the hard drive so that they can be easily referenced.

When

I first downloaded Google Desktop my computer ran somewhat slowly as Google Desktop indexed my files.

I could pause this process this at any time if I wanted to.

The slowdown of indexing was the only drawback of Google Desktop.

Google Desktop makes my computer significantly easier and more efficient to use because I can instantly find any file without having to look through all of my folders.

I highly recommend it.

Google Desktop

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3010551510831/k2311a051/5.1.06