Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  » Movies  »
  • I found the fifth Harry Potter film to be the darkest of them
  • In my opinion Daniel Radcliffe has matured considerably as an actor
  • So I have to say I thought Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie was much better than I thought it would be

• by LP Jardine

I viewed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on HBO. I found the fifth Harry Potter film to be the darkest of them. Possibly, because of Harry’s general anger in this film.

I actually liked the movie better than the book. I am normally the type to like the books first.

In my opinion Daniel Radcliffe has matured

considerably as an actor.

Of course, being around the quality actors in the movie has helped him, I am sure.

Maggie Smith returns as Professor MacGonagal. She is one of my favorite actresses, She is very talented. The Order of the Phoenix focused this time on the dislike between Professor MacGonagal and Professor Umbridge, also showing there are more evil people in ...

• Harry’s world than just the death eaters.

In the movie we find that some of the others do not want to believe that Lord Voldemort is back so Harry is ostracised and maligned, adding to his anger. Harry starts secretly teaching the other students how to fight against the dark arts.

In my opinion, there was quite spectacular special effects.

My favorite part in the movie is when Fred and George set off the fireworks at Umbridge. The Dragon special effect is very cool.

I also liked Helena Bonham-Carter as Bellatrix Lastrange. She pulls off that part very well.

So I have to say I thought Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie was much better than I thought it would be.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111711514720130/k2311a1117/11.17.08