Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G
  • When I had my internet connection at home, I really had a problem how to share the connection with the other users in our home
  • He explained to me that since most of my computers are laptop, the best would be is to distribute my internet connection without the wires
  • I have also noticed that somehow, it has not affected the speed of my connection even when all the computers at home are connected

• by Phillip

When I had my internet connection at home, I really had a problem how to share the connection with the other users in our home. As you can see, my wife also has a laptop and a niece of mine who lives with us in the house also has a laptop given to her by her mom who works outside our country. Not only that we also have a desktop computer at home.

In other words there are four computers in house all wanting to connect to the internet. I was advised by a friend to secure an internet router so as to distribute my

internet connection.

I went to a computer supply store and inquired what would be the option for me. Well, he endorsed to me the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G. He told me that it is a very good product. Considering that I have no knowledge about the set up, I asked him as to what is the advantage. He explained to me that since most of my computers are laptop, the best would be is to distribute my internet connection without the wires. The product would do just that. In other words, I would be going wifi.

I never regretted using the product. I have it ...

• with me for almost a year already. It works perfectly and have never had any problems with it. It was also very easy to set up. In fact I set it up myself. All you have to do is follow the instruction on where to connect this and that. Amazingly it also has a very long coverage, I can even connect even outside our home. Moreover, I have set up the security setting that only those in our household can connect. I have set up a password for connection. Well, there is no technical or much computer knowledge to do that. It comes along
        with a CD that where you can install the software application to configure the settings.

You might be wondering if I was also able to connect the desktop. Of course, the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G - wireless router is also designed for wired connection. You can connect non wifi ready computers through its port at that back using cables. You can even connect four desktop at once considering that there are four ports available.

It is really a great device. I have also noticed that somehow, it has not affected the speed of my connection even when all the computers at home are connected.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331411513340530/k2311a1114/11.14.08