Metamucil: Fiber Capsules  » Health  »
1.5
  • Though Metamucil and Metamucil products are available over-the counter, I highly recommend taking them under the recommendation of a doctor

• by enwriter

If you’re like me the desire to be “regular” is strong. Particular as you age your body begins to show the signs of just how important this is. At the age of 31 I feel it’s time for me to pay more attention to my health and ensuring my body is more efficient by making sure my organ systems work as properly as possible.

This led me to trying “Metamucil” Capsules. Well after trying these capsules for two weeks I can

honestly say these capsules aren’t for everyone, at least they weren’t for me.

Metamucil capsules truly made my “tummy” feel horrible. They gave me stomach cramps and a bloating sensation. Not only that, but upon taking these capsules it took a day or two for the expected results to occur. In fact I seem to be more “regular” without them.

I got to the point where I would take these capsules with an aspirin or two to counteract the side-effects of ...

• the capsules and allow me to mask the horrible feeling of stomach cramps, bloating and the sensation of my intestines churning.

Though Metamucil and Metamucil products are available over-the counter, I highly recommend taking them under the recommendation of a doctor.

If you do decided to take these capsules start with the smallest dosage possible; which would be 2 capsules opposed to up to 5 that the makers claim you can take daily. They recommend 6 capsules if you are trying to

lower your cholesterol.

Metamucil is made from psyllium husk which is a bulking agent and that’s exactly what it does within your intestines before evacuation.

I wrote this review to advise people of the possible adverse side-effects of this fiber supplement, because just like any other pill or medication taken orally, once it enters your body you must wait for any side effects to subside. And the misery I felt for the two weeks taking this product is enough to spread the word.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341311513160830/k2311a1113/11.13.08