Motorola i870  » Phones  »
  • I don't like change, and I never feel the need to keep up with the latest technology
  • I found this phone while in the process of switching to Nextel service

• by Navida

Motorola i870 for Nextel

This is the greatest phone I’ve ever owned. Actually, I’ve only ever owned 3 phones. I don’t like change, and I never feel the need to keep up with the latest technology. I shy away from tech items that haven’t been on the market for awhile. When I last purchased a cell phone, I broke this habit of avoiding new technology.

I found this phone while in the process of switching to Nextel service. My only concern at

the time was getting a phone for a good price that had the walkie-talkie capability. In the end after rebates, I was able to get this phone for $20. This $20 was well worth it. One of the big selling points for me was that this phone played mp3s. There weren’t phones out that did play mp3s, and since I didn’t have an mp3 player at the time, I went for it. There is a micro SD card, which is really handy. The pics and video that I shoot from the phone can be put directly to my PC rather than text/picture mailed to people. This saves money since I don’t have the unlimited text plan.

The phone book on this phone is endless. I shudder to think what would happen if I lost it, but fear not! It can bee backed up on the PC. I’ve been able to shoot video, take pics, and even record audio with ...

• Motorola i870
      this phone. The speakers aren’t bad, and although the pics and video aren’t good quality when enlarged (The camera is just over 1 megapixel), I’m able to capture and save many memories that I otherwise would have missed. A great feature of this camera phone is that there is a spotlight, which functions as a flash. It makes an excellent flashlight and has come in quite handy.

As far as durability, one wouldn’t think that a phone with all these fancy bells and

whistles would be very durable. I have let my 5-year old take pictures and talk on it. I have dropped it on the street and the garage floor numerous times (more than 5). This phone hasn’t let me down yet. Nextel keeps telling me that I’m eligible for a price break on a new phone, but at this point, I can’t see a reason for getting a new phone. When I finally do, I’m reasonably sure it will be a Motorola.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371311512860830/k2311a1113/11.13.08