Elysian 1000 Thread Count Sheet Set  » Housewares  »
  • The colors were not especially great although I prefer white sheets and they were available
  • I highly recommend the Elysian 1000 Thread Count Sheet Sets for the ultimate in luxury sheets

• by Virinia Downham

On a recent trip to town I stopped over at Harris Scarfe to check out their Manchester Sale. It was there that I saw the Elysian 1000 Thread Count Sheet Sets.

What makes these sheets so special is that they are 100% cotton and the 1000 thread count ensure that they feel fabulously soft and cool against your skin.

Each bed sheet set comes with two

pillow cases, a flat sheet and a fitted sheet.

I liked the fitted sheet especially as it has an extra 38cm wall that can easily fit over queen and king size mattresses.

So many fitted sheets barely fit over a double bed even though they are suppose to be able to fit the larger size mattresses.

These fitted sheets are made the way every fitted sheet should ...

• be.

The Elysian 1000 Thread Count Bed Sheets will glide on to your bed and feel wonderful.

For anyone who thinks that all sheets are the same try running your hands across an Elysian 1000 Thread Count Sheet and you will feel the difference.

This is how the other half live folks and you too can have a taste of luxury.

The queen size Elysian 1000 Thread

Count Sheet Set is usually priced at $229AUS but it was available at Harris Scarfe for the unbelievable price of just $99.

95AUS.

The colors were not especially great although I prefer white sheets and they were available.

Other colors in the Elysian 1000 Thread Count Sheet Sets included cream, blue and green.

I highly recommend the Elysian 1000 Thread Count Sheet Sets for the ultimate in luxury sheets.

Heidi says :

re : I highly recommend the Elysian 1000 Thread Count Sheet Sets for the ultimate in luxury sheets
    Hi, I loved these sheets, they were so soft and much much better to sleep on, however, I have had them around the 12 month mark, and now it is winter I have put my electric blanket on the bed, I am not sure what went on but the sheet started getting really thin in places, which ultimately in the end made it rip, I couldn’t believe it after the money I paid at Harris Scarf for this combo set which came with the fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases for my Queen size bed. I have got 250 thread count sheets which have lasted years :( Very unhappy

Alison says :

Highly agree with this. These sheets become threadbare suddenly and I have bought 2 sets . Tneither st lasted for 12 months in fact one set only just over 6 months before it went to a hole. Will not be buying again as not value for money. I expect a much longer life from sheets. Also the fitted sheet struggled to fit on the queen size bed always leaving a puckered corner. Expect a better fit for the price I paid.

Lesley says :

My sheets pilled after a few washed wont buy them again they are expensive rubbish

Phyllis Aspridis says :

Don’t know what’s going on with the Elysian sheets you bought, but I’m happy with mine even after the washes. No shrinking or pilling. In fact I’m looking to buy more

Joy says :

I am so disappointed in my Elysian 1000tc sheets. I’ve been buying Sheridan 1000tc sheets for some time now and, although they don’t last much longer than 12 months, they still feel beautiful until the day they disintegrate. I’ve had the elysians on the bed now for TWO months and they are super pilly and very uncomfortable. And they were more expensive than Sheridan

I’m ditching the Elysians and heading back to Sheridan.

Rebecca says :

The Elysian sheets I bought from Harris Scarfe have pilled terribly in about 4 months. Very disappointed.

Lesley says :

I bought these and after 3 washes they are pilling terrible for the price

quick note by anonymous :

Elysian sheets are way too short by 10-15 cms. And too wide. Others remark on the high “walls” - OK, but that shouldn’t come at the expense of length. My gauge is that with the top of the sheet aligned with the top edge of the bed you should be able to tuck 10-15 cms under the bottom of the mattress. No way with these. Have to pull the top of the sheet down by 10 cms to tuck anything under the bottom of the mattress. It’s not enough

Karen says :

Hi, I brought these exact sheets in December 2013, they were beautiful sheets. But…. 3 months later I have now got little pills everywhere. Very disappointing, as I thought by paying more I would get better quality.

Joanna says :

Hi Karen,

How are you washing your sheets? Sometimes the little thread balls are caused by washing the sheets in hot water with strong laundry soap. Sheets like these should be washed in cold water to help preserve them. Also, you should avoid using bleach, or other heavy agents as they will cause the fabric threads to break down.

Finally, you will want to either line dry them or dry them in a low geat dryer.

I’m sorry about your sheets. I had the same problem, and I ruined sever good sets of sheets washing them the wrong way.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

Thanks Joanna,
    but I always wash in cold water. I use bio zet cuddly fabric softner. I line dry especially all things with elastic.
    So im not sure why they have pilled.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Karen

Karen says :

I have to praise Harris Scarfe. After posting how disappointed I was I rang Harris Scarfe told them about the sheets. They promptly replaced them gave my postage money back as well. So congrats Harris Scarfe, I will support you in shopping
    Karen

Steve says :

I have mostly Sheridan and Elysian sheet sets. Some of the are nearly three years old and I’ve had no pilling at all. I think it depends what other fabrics you’re putting in with them, and some can have an abrasive effect. I’ve washed them in both hot and cold water and also both Line and Dryer so I haven’t really treated them that well at all lol. What I’ve always done however, is to use as little detergent as possible whilst still cleaning the adequately. I think the fabric rubbing against itself or other fabric is what’s actually causing the pilling. That could be down to not washing them on their own, or overloading the machine or even the kinetic action of the machine itself. Remember, hotel chains use pure cotton, wash them in pretty much boiling water and dry them in very hot industrial dryers and I’ve never had`Pilly’ hotel sheets…

Leonie. Gavel says :

I bought these sheets at Harris scarfe for $ 200 I am unhappy with them as very first wash the shrunk after washing them to their instructions then next wash a little more would never buy these again very disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531311512250730/k2311a1113/11.13.08