Cliff’s Notes guide to the Praxis 1 Exam  » Books  »
1.0
  • I eventually settled on the Cliff's Notes guide, as I have been happy with their test preparation materials before and this book seemed to have a large number of practice questions
  • However, once I spent a reasonable amount of time with this book, I realized that it is AWFUL

• by story3girl
      I was planning to take the Praxis exam for teacher licensure this year, and so I went to the bookstore and flipped through a number of test preparation books to find one that was useful. I eventually settled on the

Cliff’s Notes guide, as I have been happy with their test preparation materials before and this book seemed to have a large number of practice questions. However, once I spent a reasonable amount of time with this book, I realized that ...

• it is AWFUL. The tips in the tip suggestion are trite and not helpful, and the questions on the practice test are poorly written and arguable. Even more significantly, when I sat for the official test I realized that
        the questions in the book, particularly the practice essay questions, did not reasonably represent the questions on the test. I do not suggest this book to anyone. If you feel you need to practice for this test, buy a different book.

Mark Winkle says :

I also made the mistake of buying this piece of s…t. I found at least six wrong answers on their Practice one Math Key, eight wrong answers on their reading answer Key, and eight wrong answers on their Writing multiple choice key. I don`t know who wrote this guide, but they are not ENGLISH majors. Most of their answers are ungrammatical. They are poorly written. They do not provide good logic as to why a specific answer is wrong. Their math logic is even worse than their language skills.
    This book and CD will go in the TRASH tonight so it will not cause another student undue stress. Tearing it up will be a pleasure. I will not be buying any more Cliff Notes products in the future.
    I give this book a one 1 out of 10. The best use for Cliff Notes Praxis is to wipe my … with it, but I might get an infection.
    Rating 1 out of 10

Corey says :

I have only taken 2 of the math tests on the CD and found all of the answers to be correct but I am really good at math… Though the writing was my weak point and was hoping to find something to help me here… I probably found more errors than the both of you… They consistently try to present one issue as the problem but forget their grammar and punctuation in other places so when you click on that as the mistake it says that you are wrong… But your not wrong at all…. And I also found most of the explanations to be confusing and the sentences (Questions) to be really poorly written… This probably screwed me up more than it helped me… Thanks cliff notes…I take the exam in 4 hours

Mark Winkle says :

If you take an English course, it might even be a media or communications course on Precision Language it will really help you. You can take it online The first step is to read entirely through the material, then figure out what they are asking. Then look for the answer in the text. You don’t need to speed read, but pace yourself for the Praxis I as it is a long test. Once you know what they are asking you can find the answer. There might be two right answers, but they want the MOST right answer. Good luck.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17290451170230/k2311a0429/4.29.06