Water Co Stoneware Purifier  » Housewares  »
  • As we rely on rain water and/or tank water for our house I like to purify any water we drink
  • The Water Co Stoneware Purifier ranges in price from $30-$45 AUS I chose the Water Co Stoneware Purifier for two reasons, price and as I bought the purifier in summer I wanted cold drinking water on tap
  • Keep in mind that I have MS and my arms are weak so this might not be a problem for you
  • These difficulties aside the water from the Stoneware purifier is definitely better than the water that I get from my taps

• by Virinia Downham

I live on a farm with my husband and young four year old daughter. As we rely on rain water and/or tank water for our house I like to purify any water we drink.

One of my biggest concerns are birds.

We get a lot of wild parrots and sparrows sit on our tin roof and as most of our water comes from our roof I worry about the germs that might be in the water.

I have a

filter on my house taps but whenever we get a big rain the filter at the tank gets blocked and we have to fork out $70 AUS for a new filter.

The Water Co Stoneware Purifier ranges in price from $30-$45 AUS I chose the Water Co Stoneware Purifier for two reasons, price and as I bought the purifier in summer I wanted cold drinking water on tap.

At just $75 AUS the stoneware Purifier was good value for ...

• money.

The outer case of the purifier is made of yellow stone and inside is a white plastic tank where the water filter goes.

The good news is that the taste of the water is great out of the stoneware purifier and it is deliciously cool but there are two draw backs.

Getting a new filter can be a hassle as it is only available in certain specialty hardware shops.

Also I find cleaning the urn difficult as it

is very heavy.

Keep in mind that I have MS and my arms are weak so this might not be a problem for you.

The stone lid is also heavy and I am always afraid that I will drop and break it.

These difficulties aside the water from the Stoneware purifier is definitely better than the water that I get from my taps.

As the filter helps to get rid of impurities it has the added advantage of being healthier for my family to drink.

Don Atkinson says :

Dear Waterco, I have been concidering one of your water filters, but I wish to know how it compares to the Reverse Osmosis filters. Dose it remove all of the chemicals, such as fluride etc. as this is an important requirment for me. Kind regards Don Atkinson

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531211511600730/k2311a1112/11.12.08