The Sanctuary House Hotel Westminster London  » Hotels  »
Westminster London UK
  • As there is no car park with the hotel and to save getting charged for driving around London I decided to park the car at a tube station on the outskirts of London and get the London Underground into the area and walk to the hotel
  • When I found the hotel and the pub under it I was quite pleased with the choice because I passed the place I had to go the following day for a meeting on the way from the tube station to the hotel
  • I was impressed with the style and quality of the room I had which had two big windows looking out over the front of the hotel
  • As this is a small hotel there are no leisure facilities which isn't a problem, as there is lots to see and do in the area
  • I would recommend this place and would quite happily stop here again

• by Steveradders

When I was recently in London on business I stayed at the Sanctuary House Hotel. The Hotel is located in South West London and is a short walk from Westminster Abbey I needed a hotel in this area so this fitted the bill perfectly. As there is no car park with the hotel and to save getting charged for driving around London I decided to park the car at a tube station on the outskirts of London and get the London Underground into the area and walk to the hotel. The hotel is run by Fuller’s Hotels and Inns.

When I found the hotel and the pub under it I was quite pleased

with the choice because I passed the place I had to go the following day for a meeting on the way from the tube station to the hotel.

From the outside the hotel looks very appealing, inside the same can be said the lounge and reception is very nice lots of wood and leather. Checking in only took five minutes which is good and the staff at the check in were very friendly.

The room I was given was very nice it was large and a king size double bed in it, there were the usual mod cons and the en suite as well as the bedroom were very clean. I was impressed with the ...

• style and quality of the room I had which had two big windows looking out over the front of the hotel.

As this is a small hotel there are no leisure facilities which isn’t a problem, as there is lots to see and do in the area. When I stayed there it was summer time so I was able to go and enjoy a walk around the area see some sights before coming back to the bar for a meal.

Moving on to food the choice on the menu is exstensive its not an a la carte type menu but very good modern English food. They serve some wonderful pies but I decided against these

and went with the Chicken liver and brandy pate to start with followed by the Red onion, pear and stilton tart. Both of these were great I really enjoyed them especially the main course. The service was excellent as was the food which I was quite surprised about as I wasn’t sure what to expect. I also ate breakfast which the cook to order rather than a buffet but it was still good value and very tasty.

Overall I would say that this place is excellent value for money and offers everything you could need for an over night stop. I would recommend this place and would quite happily stop here again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21211511410730/k2311a1112/11.12.08