Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (Clark Airport)  » Airlines  »
Pampanga, Philippines
  • When I learned that the airline I'm taking for my first flight overseas (to Macau) will depart at the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport in Pampanga (or popularly known as Clark International Airport), I was a bit apprehensive because, one, I've never been to Clark and, two, I will have to take a two-hour bus ride from Manila and I hate buses
  • It only took me less than five minutes to complete the transaction, where I paid Php1,650
  • I bought some HK dollars at a surprisingly competitive rate

• by theredquill

When I learned that the airline I’m taking for my first flight overseas (to Macau) will depart at the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport in Pampanga (or popularly known as Clark International Airport), I was a bit apprehensive because, one, I’ve never been to Clark and, two, I will have to take a two-hour bus ride from Manila and I hate buses. But for the sake of adventure, I book the flight anyway and crossed my fingers that I’d be able to arrive in Clark in one piece (because I was departing from Cebu to Manila then to Clark then to Macau).

I didn’t want to get my hopes up and I braced for a rough trip and some disappointments. But luck was on my side that day, I had a smooth bus ride to Clark Airport and when I arrived at the Departure Area, I didn’t have to look aimlessly around because the facility is a bit small

small for an airport serving international flights. I was immediately greeted by aiport personnel who instructed me where to go and what to do. I didn’t even have to ask! When I went in, I went through the usual security process and did not feel uncomfortable because the staff was all smiles and very polite. The lady who “body-scanned” me immediately pointed to the desk where I would pay my immigration or travel tax, which was just a few steps away.

Paying the tax was a breeze because there were around six people on the counter. It only took me less than five minutes to complete the transaction, where I paid Php1,650. A few steps from the Immigration Tax counter was an RCBC foreign exchange booth. I bought some HK dollars at a surprisingly competitive rate. And the lady at the booth was very accommodating.

Then I lined up to check-in for my flight. To kill the time,

• I filled out the Immigration form while I was lining up. There were only three check-in counters to accomodate what seemed like an endless line of travellers (some with an unbelievable number of luggage). The process was snail-paced, to say the least, and my patience was thinning out by the minute. It was very frustrating for me to stand there for what seemed like hours because I didn’t have luggage to check in. They should have this line for those who don’t have anything to check in, you know. Well, I guess they were expecting all passengers for international flights to have some luggage checked in.

Eventually, I got my boarding pass and went for the beeline to pay the airport tax (Php550) and clear Immigration. For that many passengers, I would say the two open Immigration counters was not enough. Although the process was faster than the checking in, it took awhile because there were only two counters

serving us.

After clearing Immigration, I went another security check in a breeze and was finally in the waiting area, where I grabbed some “lunch” of Coke in can and a ensaimada, which was a bit pricey (Php70). After the quick lunch, I went to freshen myself up in their comfort room, which was immaculately clean and classy. When I went out the comfort room, I could hear the speaker calling passengers to board the plane, starting with those who held tickets with seat numbers 1-11. I fortunately was one of those, so I get to be one of the first to board. Surprisingly, people were not scrambling to board the plane. The crew did a great job in putting everything in order. It was smooth in the true sense of the word.

So, despite the usual delays at the check-in counter and Immigration, I can say that my first international flight through Clark International Airport was a pleasant one.

cecille says :

how much will i pay for travel tax and terminal fee

anne lei says :

Please check this link for the travel tax and terminal fee rates

IVY-0GAY R. VIDAL says :

allowed koligrams for luggage and handcarry.

anne lei says :

Hi It is better to check this link for the allowed weight for baggage.

Sheena says :

A complaint at Clark Int’l Airpoton on the man white hair he’s not wearing any name tag, one whi is assigned at this very hour 5 am of march 17,2011, treated us unkindly. We were caught with Swiss knife, it was confiscated. We asked the Air Asia OIC if we could get it back and have it checkend in. Everyone in the departure screening said it was okay to checked in the Swiss knife, but this man answered rudely, “next time…bla..bla…bla” we already apologized. He had so many comments. We asked for what to do next after we cleared the Swiss knife, he answered “bumalik kayo sa immigration, tignan natin kung makabalik kayo” ( go to immigration and let us see if you can pass) , he answered with a threatening voice. I hope he will be givel any sanction.

Balakrishnan says :

I`m a Malaysian. When I depart from Clark Airport, what are the taxex I have to pay what`s the amount

anne lei says :

A travel tax fee of 1620 Philippine Peso is required for every departing passenger. you can also visit this site for the rates

MARBEK says :

HOW MUCH IS THE AIRPORT TAX OR TERMINAL FEE I HAVE TO PAY IN DIOSDADO MACAPAGAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT?

anne lei says :

It is better to check this for rate reference.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401111511190530/k2311a1111/11.11.08