Wilson Ncode n8 Badminton Racket
  • Then decided to get this amazing Wilson ncode n8 racket from a local sport shop
  • I paid $ 90 but the cost does not include strings
  • If you also need the racket to generate power during smashes you might consider going for less tension strung rackets but if you think you have enough power and need more control during net plays, drop shots then go in for more tension rackets
  • The racket is too good to take quick shots from your opponents and the racket definitely rocks in this segment

• by Jey

Before proceeding with the review, let me introduce myself. I am Jey and I have been playing badminton for the past 8 years and now I am in the recreational level. I used play at least 5days a week until i completed my graduation but after that I starting working in a private concern and i could hardly find time to play so the playing time was narrowed down to twice or thrice per month.

I was passionate to play badminton and made of some arrangements to make myself free. Then searched and got partners very quickly. I had a Yonex carbonex racket but this time wanted to get a different racket.

Then decided to get this amazing Wilson ncode n8 racket from a local sport shop. I paid $ 90

but the cost does not include strings. So got Yonex BG65 strings for additional $ 7 and asked them to string it at 24lbs tension. The max tension this racket can hold is 25lbs and recommended is 21-23lbs. but choosing the tension depends on the what kind of player you are. If you also need the racket to generate power during smashes you might consider going for less tension strung rackets but if you think you have enough power and need more control during net plays, drop shots then go in for more tension rackets. More tension = More control.

I got my racket the next day and I was so desperate to start my game the same day. It was 6 in the evening I reached my local club and its an indoor stadium. Since there ...

• were people who have already occupied the court I called one of my friend to practice on one side of the court so that i will get used to the new racket.

While playing, I was so surprised with the control that i got from the racket. After ten minutes got opportunity to play doubles match. The racket has been designed for defensive players and control of racket was amazing during the entire game play. Though its a racket for defensive players I was able to generate a decent powered smashes but this needs proper timing and the bird should touch the racket in the sweet spot which is mentioned as TURBO zone in the racket.

Its a super flex racket which will not suit some players so

pay attention to this aspect while choosing this racket. The looks of the racket is also good but cannot be compared with Yonex Nano speed rackets. Also the head weighs 85g and is too grams lesser than nCode n7 racket. Never mind its a racket for attacking players and hence the head weight is 2g more. The durability of the racket is quite good too. The racket is too good to take quick shots from your opponents and the racket definitely rocks in this segment.

Pros : Good Control

Cons : Price , Not very powerful but this should not be considered because the racket is designed for defensive players.

Hope this review is very useful for you . Also planning to try my friends Yonex NS9000S. Once i try it will post a review of that racket too. Have Fun.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351111510990530/k2311a1111/11.11.08