The Woman In Red  » Movies  »
  • From that moment on, he must have her irregardless of the cost and any other actor would have been detested for this, but Wilder with those wide eyes and squeaky voice was the right star for this part

• by Manolo

The Woman In Red with Gene Wilder and Kelly LeBrock. This is your classic romantic comedy, but one in which you expect disaster at any moment.

As we first see Kelly LeBrock do her Marilyn Monroe take on the dance over the heating vent, we see her red panties through the eyes of happily married Gene Wilder.

have been detested for this, but Wilder with those wide eyes and squeaky voice was the right star for this part.

We find ourselves rooting for him throughout this wild chase and feel his anxieties as each roadblock gets in his way.

The supporting cast is outstanding and his three friends help keep him going.

As he sits in the airport waiting for the plane that will take him to his adventure he ...

• thinks out loud I am ready for this adventure.

Then of course fog gets in his way.

Other barriers occur such as the surprise family birthday party and the husband coming home unexpectedly.

So we truly feel ourselves drooling with him when he is in the waterbed with this naked goddess and she says, Come and get it, Cowboy.

I wish that I was him.

Of course, his friends generate

other side stories that endear Wilder to us as he is the model best friend.

I imagine that the topic of homosexual love was touchy in the film industry at that time, but it is well addressed in this movie.

The music was easy going popular tunes of the times and support the easy going flow.

I felt that the magical ending was perfect and I truly did see this film as a portrayal of a dream come true.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111111510840430/k2311a1111/11.11.08