Blue Bell Ice Cream
  • I never knew about Blue Bell when I lived in New York and I had no way of tasting it so I thought that we had the best ice cream in NY
  • The other thing I love is that the texture is not hard and it is not too soft which would ruin the taste

• by rich

Blue Bell ice cream is a brand that they sell in the south of the United States. I never knew about Blue Bell when I lived in New York and I had no way of tasting it so I thought that we had the best ice cream in NY.

That is,

until I came to Texas and discovered the Blue Bell ice cream brand and I loved it probably more than any of the ice cream brands that I have ever tried.

The reason for this is first because the ice cream is packed to the top, when you take the lid ...

• off the pint there is no blank space where ice cream is not packed which is good because you get the most for your money.

The other thing I love is that the texture is not hard and it is not too soft which would ruin the taste.

It is smooth

and goes down easy which makes it great for someone who is slick.

The container says that the ingredients are natural which is great and healthy and I love the fact that they put so much of any topping into their pint.

They sell the pints for $1.

50 which is a great buy.

Stu Sherman says :

I have been told that the original recipe for the ice cream came from a Baca Confectionary in Fayetteville, TX, given to Blue Bell by Randolf Baca. Is this true, this was about 1920….

Jules Li says :

Stu, this is not something that is confirmed. Of course Blue Bell is not going to release any details about there recipe.

Suzanne Short says :

I will never buy Blue Bell ice cream again. A Blue Bell delivery truck driver decided to take an illegal left turn into a parking lot. By doing so, the driver drove southbound on a lane clearly marked as a left turn lane for northbound traffic only. As a result, the driver sideswiped my car, driven by my son with my daughter in the car on their way to school. The driver didn’t stop to ensure they were ok, the truck’s bumper opened my mustang from the front fender to the door and slashed the tire. Instead the driver continued to make his illegal turn and parked in the parking lot, thus ensuring that the police officer could not assign blame. One month later, after providing incorrect insurance information, I still cannot get a return call from Blue Bell or their insurance company. Their lack of response and lack of responsibility is truly disheartening. I’m not trying to take them for anything, but want my mustang repaired and an apology for their deceptive behavior. Tsk tsk, not a way that a reputable company should run.

Donovan says :

Thats sounds terrible and good luck to yah i hope everything turns out well.

Rich replies :

Yea that is tough, but their ice cream is yummy

Joanna says :

I am so sorry to hear about your trouble with the driver. I am glad that your children were safe though. Blue Bell does have delicious ice-cream, but I have seen their truck drivers taking chances and driving erratically before. The last time I called Florida’s DOT and reported the driver and his license plate.

quick note by anonymous :

Creamy water you are tasting.. Your taste buds would love the taste of anything if you think they’re ice cream is good

Joanna says :

hi,

I take it you don’t like Blue Bell, there are some flavors that don’t seem to be as good as others, but for the most part their ice cream is good.

I particularly enjoy bryers though. Perhaps you can try that brand? Let me know that you think.

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271011510060330/k2311a1110/11.10.08