Amtrack to New York City  » Railway  »
  • I traveled to New York City on Amtrak and it was a very relaxing experience
  • I do recommend bringing your own food because Amtrack's isn't the greatest

• by sarahdragon26

Not many people who travel do their traveling by train anymore. I personally think it’s a wonderful way to travel. It may take longer then flying and you can’t get off when you want to, like in a car, but being on a train has a special kind of charm.

I traveled to New York City on Amtrak and it was a very relaxing experience. I traveled

from Ft.

Lauderdale, Florida, all the way up the coast. I got to see different areas of the country that you can’t really see from a plane.

I was in one of the sleeper rooms where I could relax by myself. I got to look out the window and if you’re interested in landscapes and just looking out the window, this is ideal for you.

I didn’t ...

• even notice that it took almost 24 hours to get to Penn Station in New York City. It is cheap to travel by train, thou it might take you much longer then you thought.

There was also another great reason to travel by train and that Penn Station sits in the city. Instead of flying into one of the surrounding airports, I was all ready in the

city and didn’t have to wait to get to my hotel.

I do recommend bringing your own food because Amtrack’s isn’t the greatest. So, is it worth traveling to New York City on Amtrack? Yes.

On a train, you get a different view of the things around you or just a nice relaxing ride. It reminded me of how people used to travel before planes and cars were so popular.

Amtrack to New York City

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 441011509450230/k2311a1110/11.10.08