La Fitness Cheltenham  » Health  »
Tewkesbury Road Cheltenham
  • There are some good facilities at the centre including a very nice indoor swimming pool which I enjoyed using when I went there to try the centre out, as well as the swimming pool there is also a sauna and a steam room
  • One thing that I think is good is the kids club so you can take you kids with you leave them there while you enjoy a workout
  • Overall I decided against joining here because of the lack of gym equipment and the fact the sauna and steam area are so small, also the drinks aren't free in the café like they are in other gyms

• by Steveradders

When I was deciding on a gym to join I went and tried out the local LA Fitness gym, which is located on the Tewkesbury Road as you drive in towards Cheltenham, it is next door to Aldi supermarket. The centre is open from six thirty in the morning to ten in the evening most weeknights and from eight in the morning to seven in the evenings on a weekend. There is also plenty of car parking as there is a very large car park located there.

enjoyed using when I went there to try the centre out, as well as the swimming pool there is also a sauna and a steam room. All three of these facilities were quite busy when I was there and it made me feel like I couldn’t use them for that long because of the amount of people coming into them.

There are two large rooms full of exercise equipment mainly cardio vascular though. This is ok if you like using them the rooms are large so there is enough equipment for everyone to use at the same time.

As well as the facilities’ I ...

• have already mentioned there are some other facilities that you have to pay extra to get the benefit of, this is things like the café bar where you can buy drinks or the sun beds. One thing that I think is good is the kids club so you can take you kids with you leave them there while you enjoy a workout. This is a great idea if you have nobody else to look after the little ones. There is also a beauty saloon and well as a hairdressers here as well.

The changing rooms here are quite large and are fairly well

looked after; a few of the tiles in the shower area were a cracked but nothing major. The changing facilities were big enough to cope with the amount of people using the centre.

Overall I decided against joining here because of the lack of gym equipment and the fact the sauna and steam area are so small, also the drinks aren’t free in the café like they are in other gyms. That said the gym does have some good points like the kids club and the pool but for me the good points of the other gyms outweighed the good points of this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341011509310130/k2311a1110/11.10.08