Conrad hotel Hong Kong  » Hotels  »
Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong
  • Although we had to pay a lot for the room rates, it was a very memorable experience indeed
  • I think it depends on what type of room you have though, so be sure to check with the concierge
  • So I had to press a few of my pants myself, which wasn't a big problem because the hotel provided a nice iron
  • The equipment were really modern that I regret not bringing running shoes with me
  • I would not recommend this place for tourists who want to experience Hong Kong, but it's very good for business travelers

• by online_girl

The Conrad Hotel is part of the Hilton Hotel chain all over the world. So you cannot expect anything other than quality from the hotel. I stayed here with my family during a brief visit to Hong Kong. Although we had to pay a lot for the room rates, it was a very memorable experience indeed.

FACILITIES *high-speed internet access-some people said that you have to pay for wifi, but in our case, we got it for free. I think it depends on what type of room you have though, so be sure to check with the concierge. Anyway, the hotel has a business center which also offers computer usage for a minimal fee, so if they charge your room for internet fees, then just head on over to the business center where you can do it for a smaller fee.

*CD players- my parents love listening to music, so having a CD player in their room really helped a lot. In the past, they’d always have to request for a player to be brought up to the room, but not this time. I didn’t use mine though because I didn’t have any CDs. Plus, the view from my room was so entrancing that I didn’t need any form of music to keep me relaxed and happy.

*dual-line telephones with international direct dial- this is a great addition to the room, but one which is expected from any 5 star hotel.

*electronic safes- again, this is a must have for every 5 star hotel especially its main clients are business managers. The

electronic safe was very high tech and really made me feel safe during our stay in Hong Kong.

*iron and ironing board- I don’t really like to iron because I’m not good at it, but when I checked the laundry fees, the ironing costs were so expensive! So I had to press a few of my pants myself, which wasn’t a big problem because the hotel provided a nice iron. The board was a bit small and hard to fold, but it was useable.

*satellite and cable television- there are a lot of channels to choose from and most of it are in English as well, which was great. The TVs are flat screen TVs which also came with a DVD player that can play both fake and original DVS.

*marble bathrooms- the bathroom, for me, was a standout because it’s even nicer than the one I have at home! It comes with a big tub, separate shower, and two sinks. There was also a scale in the bathroom which helped for weight watchers such as myself and a mini stepper to exercise when you feel like you’ve gained too much weight. They really pay attention to detail which is why there was a rubber ducky sitting on the tub when we arrived!

*executive lounge- this only applies to those with membership cards and those who stay at the executive floors. You’ll get the royal treatment here.

*complimentary full breakfast-the breakfast was really good! I didn’t have to eat lunch anymore after feasting on eggs and other fares at the international breakfast.

*free afternoon tea and ...

• evening cocktails daily- my parents liked this a lot, but me and my siblings didn’t waste our time hanging around the hotel for this.

* full service business center- offers a computer work station and high-speed internet access, portable computer rental, mobile phone rental, translation and full secretarial service.

*state-of-the-art health club- I checked out the gym because it’s something I look for in every hotel. This one was very nice and spacious. The equipment were really modern that I regret not bringing running shoes with me.

*heated outdoor pool and spa- this is a nice place to unwind after a busy day. You’ll have an excellent view of the skyline at night.

LOCATION Located in the central business district, the hotel is on the high end part of Hong Kong. You won’t see a lot of beggars on the street. It really speaks of wealth which is ideal for business travelers. It is near Admiralty train station and 40 km from Hong Kong Int’l Airport, so getting around shouldn’t be a problem at all. The best part about the location is the shopping! Just an elevator ride away from my room are fabulous shops to die for. There are many other dining options in the Mall as well as it is connected to the Hotel.

ROOMS The rooms are quite pricey at $350 a night but the views were breathless and stunning. The decor was grand, the mattress was soft, and the room in general was clean and spacious. Beds even came with a cute stuffed teddy bear to welcome you. Every day,

the cleaning staff would clean up the room and turn down the bed for us. I also loved the marble bathroom especially the glass encased shower which was big and spacious as well.

SERVICES The breakfast buffet was very elaborate. You could choose from a wide array of dishes including fresh fruit, pastries, breakfast fare, and even salmon! I indulged in fresh strawberries during my stay because they were so big and juicy and just begging to be eaten.

The staff were also very friendly, respectful, and accommodating. They were very efficient especially during check in as that didn’t take up a lot of time even though we arrived very late at night already. I couldn’t say anything else about the staff. Kudos to the hotel manager for staffing the hotel with adept and knowledgeable people.

Overall, this is a great business hotel, but it is also nice for a romantic getaway. There weren’t many kids in the hotel so I don’t think it would be good to bring your family here. In our case, we’re all grown-ups so we were able to appreciate the facilities and rooms more.

CONS I think the rates are just too high, but it’s okay given that the rooms were impeccable and the service was outstanding. However, I find that there was a lack of culture in the hotel. There was absolutely no feel of Hong Kong here. The staff spoke excellent English and guests are mostly international travelers as well. I would not recommend this place for tourists who want to experience Hong Kong, but it’s very good for business travelers.

Conrad hotel Hong Kong

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2911508990730/k2311a119/11.9.08