Microsoft Windows operating system  » Software  »
  • Of all the operating systems I have come across and tried out, I really have to say that Microsoft Windows is, by far, the very best of the best
  • For me, Microsoft Windows is the only option to consider when it comes to operating systems, more so because of the fact that most of the software, tools and applications are primarily designed for Windows, and I would find that the process of running these tools, applications and software on other operating systems such as that of Apple and Linux, is far more complicated than on Windows
  • Generally, I have noticed that an older version of Microsoft Windows easily runs programs that only newer versions of the other operating systems run

• by Jayscribe

Of all the operating systems I have come across and tried out, I really have to say that Microsoft Windows is, by far, the very best of the best.

Over the years of technological advancement and development, I have seen different operating systems give their best to compete with Microsoft Windows, but, in my humblest opinion, came a rather guaranteed second place. There is simply no contest at all.

To be honest, I have never had a reason to actually try out a different operating system to Windows and the only reason I did in actual fact try out a different one is the fact that as a computer engineering student, I was required to in order to gain a deeper understanding

of my intended field of practice.

This led me to give the Linux Operating System a go, and I honestly felt as if I was using an older version of Windows, in dichromatic format. I also found it to be a lot slower than its Windows counterpart and a bit more complicated to use. I really felt that they could have done a whole lot more by way of general appearance as the general “feel” of everything reminds me of Microsoft MS-DOS in some “modernized” sort of way.

For me, Microsoft Windows is the only option to consider when it comes to operating systems, more so because of the fact that most of the software, tools and applications are primarily designed ...

• for Windows, and I would find that the process of running these tools, applications and software on other operating systems such as that of Apple and Linux, is far more complicated than on Windows. Generally, I have noticed that an older version of Microsoft Windows easily runs programs that only newer versions of the other operating systems run. The machine specifications also bear considerable differences in that programs that run on Windows can run on lower machine specifications than those run on other operating systems.

So, in my sincerest opinion, everybody should rather use Microsoft Windows as their operating system. If one really feels the need to explore other operating systems, then they should only install them as secondary operating systems.

The only other reason to use a different operating system to Windows would be if you are forced to, say at work or the likes. Or if you are some sort of an IT student and really need to gain a broader understanding.

The only real advantage I find in using operating systems such as Linux, as opposed to Windows, is the fact that I am a computer engineering student, and the simplicity of the likes of Linux, gives me a platform to learn the basics of an operating system in their simplest form. From then on, I can seek the understanding of more complicated systems such as Windows; complicated in the technical input sense of cause, and not in the operational sense.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30911508670730/k2311a119/11.9.08