Ferrari V8  » Cars  »
  • The are certain things a regular twenty year old guy like me would consider being experiences of a lifetime
  • One of those things is having had the opportunity to experience driving a Ferrari and that is an opportunity I am proud to say I have had
  • I could see the looks of envy on the faces of the less-technical analytical team, but I was happy to be envied under the circumstances
  • Every single aspect of this car impressed me to the maximum, and I was only disappointed at the fact that I could not really max out the speedometer, because of obvious reasons of cause
  • I didn't get around to exploring that though, as my aim was simply to explore the ultimate drive , and I was impressed in every single aspect down to the finest detail

• by Jayscribe

The are certain things a regular twenty year old guy like me would consider being experiences of a lifetime. One of those things is having had the opportunity to experience driving a Ferrari and that is an opportunity I am proud to say I have had.

By means of a connection with a local car magazine, I was presented with the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to test drive one of the latest Ferraris, the California V8. I cannot find the words strong enough to emphasize the magnitude of the excellence in the experience of driving an investment car of this caliber.

Overwhelmed by the thought of it all, I took ages just to suss out everything, pausing occasionally before I even got into the

car. The mere sight of it is somewhat intimidating and when I got over my initial jitters, I finally climbed in only to sit and admire the sublime interior for a period of about twenty minutes. Everything that was in front of me seemed to be designed for nothing but speed.

I would actually have something to write about even before turning the ignition and actually taking the car, engineering masterpiece rather, for a test drive.

As I turned the key and started the beast up, I could literally feel the power all contained in the steering wheel. I could see the looks of envy on the faces of the less-technical analytical team, but I was happy to be envied under ...

• the circumstances.

I have driven a lot of cars in my life and have come across some really fine pieces of machinery, but never a car that belongs to the elite group.

Excellent performance on the road, first class stuff, and after getting over my nervousness I really got to test the speed factor. Pure power at its highest level! I was quite surprised by the comfort though, since I had this pre conceived idea that super cars, such as the Ferrari V8 California, that are built solely for speed do not offer much by way of comfort. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I was wrong.

Every single aspect of this car impressed me to the maximum, and I was

only disappointed at the fact that I could not really max out the speedometer, because of obvious reasons of cause.

The whole design of the exterior and interior is work of a group of masterminds. I also love the fact that it is dubbed to be a 2+2 seater, which means that the seating arrangements can be adjusted to accommodate two or four people in fold-up style. I didn’t get around to exploring that though, as my aim was simply to explore the “ultimate drive”, and I was impressed in every single aspect down to the finest detail.

I do find it rather unfortunate though, that the majority of drivers in the world can only dream of driving a car like this, even once.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9811508630830/k2311a118/11.8.08