The Bodyshop Sugaring wax (Hair Removal)  » Cosmetics  »
  • What I spent on the tub was less than half what one visit to the salon usually cost me
  • I noticed that the hair slightly (1 week) longer to grow out, which was not expected but very exciting
  • I didn't experience easy clean with the Hand warming wax

• by emmanuela

Before trying this product, I was used to either using the Hand warming strip variety or having all required waxing done in a salon. I must say I really loved this product.

First of all the wax itself has a luxury eco-friendly smell to it. It’s very sweet smelling. It doesn’t seem to strip your skin of moisture like the Hand warming

strips do and it’s not nearly as costly having waxing done in a boutique. One tub last me 3 full leg and underarm waxes. What I spent on the tub was less than half what one visit to the salon usually cost me.

I noticed that the hair slightly (1 week) longer to grow out, which was not expected but very exciting. The wax is also very easy to clean using warm water. I didn’t experience easy clean with the Hand warming wax. I could only clean up using the special oil clothes.

There are things to remember with this product though. If you’re going to heat up your wax using the microwave instead of a pot of hot water, be very careful. The wax ...

• The Bodyshop Sugaring wax (Hair Removal)
      heats up very quickly and it’s pretty easy to scald yourself. You can’t always trust the paddle indicator. I learned the hard way! You should also always use talcum powder over your skin before waxing, this makes it more effective and less painful. Always Always remember to pull in the opposite direction as hair growth!

The Body Shop also sells reusable cotton strips

to go with the sugaring wax. These work ‘okay’ but i didn’t use them past the first try. I liked the idea of re-using wax strips but the cotton ones weren’t as effective as the regular disposable kind, which the Body Shop doesn’t sell but you can get at beauty supply stores.

To find a Body Shop near you, you can visit www.bodyshop.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31711508170630/k2311a117/11.7.08