Apo Island  » Travel  »
Dauin Negros Oriental, Philippines
  • Last year, I had the best 12-day vacation with my friends at Dumaguete Negros Oriental, Philippines
  • This week is our first year anniversary of that experience
  • The beach was clean, it has white sand but unfortunately, there are a lot of pointed rocks
  • But I was happy because I got the tan I've been longing to have

• by divinagwapa

Last year, I had the best 12-day vacation with my friends at Dumaguete Negros Oriental, Philippines. This week is our first year anniversary of that experience. I can still vividly remember the fun, excitement and sheer joy of having a peaceful and quite time with friends and without the worries of life.

Dumaguete is rich with beautiful and exotic beach resorts. We visited a couple of them but my favorite would be the Apo Island. When you stepped

into the place, you wouldn’t want to go home. It’s like paradise on Earth.

We have to take a 30-minute pump boat ride in order to get to Apo Island. We paid $56 for a back and forth ride which is not bad since we had a really good time. We took pictures here and there as the waves splash in our faces.

When we docked on the island, we were in the beach in an ...

• instant. We enjoyed watching the school of fishes. They were beautiful and breathtaking. There are also scuba diving instructors and you just have to pay a small fee to try it out. Though we have pass on that since we were contented with the beach alone. We were just swimming and goofing around the whole day.

The beach was clean, it has white sand but unfortunately, there are a lot of pointed rocks. It was inevitable to get

wounded along the way. We all had wounds in our feet and for some in their legs.

We were limping on our way back home because of the wounds. But I was happy because I got the tan I’ve been longing to have. Despite the wounds and the scars, it was nothing compared to the memories and the good time Apo Island offered us. In fact, we planned to go back to the island a few years from now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38711508080630/k2311a117/11.7.08