Air Canada  » Airlines  »
2.0
  • I found that the staff was not very helpful in helping me deal with these major travel issues that are caused directly by their company
  • The last major problem I've found with Air Canada is that their prices are almost always higher than with other carriers
  • I would definitely not recommend Air Canada airlines to anyone

• by emmysmum

I have used this airline on several occasions although it usually due to lack of choice instead of a conscious decision to fly Air Canada. I have encountered a ton of difficulties when flying with them.

One thing I really do not like is that they charge extra for luggage. I’ve often found at the last minute that I have to pay

an extra $20 - $100 to have my luggage transported with me. I’ve found this to be a huge pain when you’re trying to stick to a travel budget. I especially don’t like that they are not very clear on their luggage charges when you are purchasing a ticket.

I’ve also found that Air Canada often has major flight delays and cancellations.

• I’ve had several delayed or lost luggage problems with them as well. I found that the staff was not very helpful in helping me deal with these major travel issues that are caused directly by their company. I choose not to travel Air Canada unless there is no other carrier.

The last major problem I’ve found with Air Canada is that

their prices are almost always higher than with other carriers. In fact, I’ve found cheaper tickets on the same plane through another carrier. That is, they were selling tickets on an Air Canada flight cheaper than Air Canada itself did!

I would definitely not recommend Air Canada airlines to anyone. I’ve found them to be nothing but a problem with a higher price.

Air Canada
    Carlson says :

Love Air Canada (for now) when flying domestically in Canada. I fly a lot. WestJet feels cheap to me. Their Live TV and Pay Per View on them tiny screens is disappointing. Leather seats are hard and lack lumbar support, their 737’s and cramped. Their newer seats are better. But that’s my choice and at the end of the day, they’re an ok ariline. I prefer Air Canada. Better IFE etc. People like to complain too much. Airlines loose bags from time to time, and nobody is perfect. You cannot fly one time and base your conclusions upon that. Don’t bash an airline (like people do with Microsoft) because it’s more expensive or because it’s dominant. Even Singapore Airlines will disappoint some. Want to complain about an airline, try Northwest airlines before they were taken over. 4.5 hour flight, no IFE, no food, no drinks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40711507900530/k2311a117/11.7.08