PlayDate ATL Halloween 2008 party  » Entertainment  »
Atlanta, GA Holiday Inn Select hotel
  • I had never been before, and chose this particular night because I love dressing up for Halloween
  • The crowd is not old, but definitely above the 21 and over crowd that typically crowds clubs
  • Because this was a Halloween party there were some additional activities that I found really interesting
  • I think this is a really great way for adults to hang out and meet others without the stigma of having to drum up conversation

• by Famous

I went this year to the PlayDate that takes place once a month in Atlanta. I had never been before, and chose this particular night because I love dressing up for Halloween.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who indeed felt the same way that I do about dressing up for Halloween.

I loved

that there were lots of game tables to choose from.

And the cash bar was reasonable.

The crowd is not old, but definitely above the “21 and over” crowd that typically crowds clubs.

Play Date is for people who like to play games and don’t necessarily have people to play with.

And by games, I do mean board ...

• games like checkers, ConnectFour, Spades (not really a board game, but you get the point) and much more.

These are adults who like to have another option besides getting drunk and falling over themselves.

Because this was a Halloween party there were some additional activities that I found really interesting.

I would love to go back on an

evening when there is no costume party.

I think this is a really great way for adults to hang out and meet others without the stigma of having to drum up conversation.

I would suggest this type of venue for all grownups, single, married, dating—whatever.

Much love to Imari, the gentleman responsible for this really great event!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59711507870530/k2311a117/11.7.08