Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils  » Other  »
  • The best part is that it turns into watercolors

• by online_girl

Faber-Castell has been around since 1761. The company makes writing, coloring, and drawing supplies mainly and is generally known for upholding its quality throughout the years. This is why I purchased a box of Faber-Castell watercolour pencils several years ago even when I had to save up my weekly allowance for it.

As a teenager, I loved to color in my drawing. Mixing colors to create vibrant hues really made me giddy. I’ve been using my box of Faber-Castell watercolour pencils for six years now, and they’re still as good as new. Many of my favorite

colors have become so short due to sharpening, but each time I use it, I still get the same bold and vibrant color that I got when I was a teenager.

My set of Faber-Castell watercolour pencils comes in 36 different colors. Although a larger set is available for sale, this one has sufficed. Included in the set are a watercolor brush as well as a green pencil sharpener. The box has a special compartment for the sharpener so that you can take it with you anywhere you go, but I just keep mine on my ...

• desk because I use it to sharpen other pencils at home as well.

But what I really like about this set is the watercolor pencils themselves. Each pencil is made with a thick lead so that it doesn’t break at all when you apply pressure on certain strokes. It’s very easy to sharpen as well. The best part is that it turns into watercolors! All you have to do is apply the wet brush on to the paper and the colors will instantly turn to water color. Not only does it look better, it’s also a great

way to make colors blend together smoothly. It’s like magic, really! But the downside is that you have to use a lot of color to get a bold and bright watercolor hue. Using the paintbrush dilutes the coloring pencil’s color. And using more color to make brilliant watercolors will use up the pencils faster. So over the years, I’ve limited my use of the watercolor function and instead have contented myself with just the coloring pencils.

Nevertheless, I really enjoy using my Faber-Castell watercolour pencils. They come in the best shades, last forever, and do not change over time.

Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12711507480530/k2311a117/11.7.08