Oster 6624 Blender  » Electronics  »
  • While it's only a 5-cup blender, I like that it's very compact such that it can fit any corner of my kitchen countertop without making the place look really cluttered
  • For a budget blender, this one already has 12 speeds to choose from which is pretty amazing
  • I think that the primary downfall of this model is that it can't double as a food processor as well

• by online_girl

Oster Blenders have been around since the 1920s. To date, the company has diversified into manufacturing toasters and other small kitchen appliances as well. However, I still think that they are more reliable than other blender brands which is why I always buy an Oster when I’m in need of a new blender, whether for personal use or for a gift to someone. The Oster 6642 12 Speed Blender is one of the cheaper models in the store at only around $40. It wasn’t as big in terms of capacity as the other models, but its sturdy and sleek look, on top of the very affordable price tag, already got me hooked.

While it’s only a 5-cup blender, I like that it’s very compact such that it can fit any corner of my kitchen countertop without making the place look really cluttered. I find that its size works well for most recipes anyway, but it blends so well that on any occasion where I would be required to make more than one batch of whatever it is I’m mixing, I

don’t really mind because doing the blending process twice or thrice takes no time at all.

For a “budget” blender, this one already has 12 speeds to choose from which is pretty amazing. I don’t have much use for the other functions so I just stick with the medium speeds. The cutting function doesn’t work at all. I think that the primary downfall of this model is that it can’t double as a food processor as well. When I tried cutting up vegetables, it turned out to be mushy like a bowl of oatmeal. The layout and positioning of the buttons were nice and clean though. The buttons are easy to press and are very responsive to touch.

The blender’s design is very nice as well. It comes with a big base which helps to make it sturdy. Although during the occasions when the pitcher did tip over, the scratch-free and very durable glass did not chip at all. The glass also has measurements on each side, so it doubles as a measuring cup for those of us who ...

• are too lazy to use and rinse a separate measuring cup. The handle is also nicely contoured. It’s very sturdy so you don’t have to worry about it breaking while handling the glass pitcher. It also has contours for your fingers so that it’s very easy to grip.

What I liked the most about this blender is the very sharp blades that come with it. The blades can easily pulverize ice cubes granted that you follow the manual and add cubes in twos or threes. Having a feeder opening on the cap helps a lot. Because the blender is great for crushing ice, it makes really good ice blended drinks. And since drinks are always liquid in form and don’t require oil-based ingredients most of the time, clean-ups are so easy! I just blend 3 cups of warm water and a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid on low speed then leave the pitcher to dry. It doesn’t even need to go in the dishwasher most of the time!

What I liked the least about this model though was the fact

that it did poorly when I tried to chop up vegetables and beans. It’s a bad replacement for a food processor. I think the blades were designed for beverages only. The bottom also leaked a bit when pouring out the mixture. This is just fine with me because only a few drops get out, but still.

Rundown of Key Features: * 5 cup capacity * 12 speed blender * 450 Watts of Power * All-Metal Drive system for power and extra durability * Stainless Steel ice-crushing blade for pulverizing ice * Feeder cap for adding ingredients while blending * Leak-proof lid * Easy to clean * Compact cube design * Scratch resistant and dishwasher safe glass jar

FINAL VERDICT I would recommend those with restaurants or businesses that sell fruit drinks or any other drinks to get this blender. It’s very easy to use, easy to clean, and compact so that it can fit anywhere, even in the smallest spaces. It’s also nice t use at home when you’re just mixing drinks to entertain guests or family members. But it can’t double as a food processor, which is a bit disappointing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16611507421030/k2311a116/11.6.08