The Flower Fields Carlsbad, CA
5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, California USA
  • The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, California are definitely worth the trip
  • I would recommend at least a three or four hours to visit these fields
  • I think that the best time to view these fields is in the springtime although they seem to have events here year round
  • I bought many mementos of our day at the Flower Fields
  • They especially enjoyed the playhouses and giant mushrooms that they could climb on

• by emmysmum

The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, California are definitely worth the trip. These beautiful fields cover 50 acres on a hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean and are within 15 minutes drive to Legoland California. I would recommend at least a three or four hours to visit these fields.

I think that the best time to view these fields is in the springtime although they seem to have events here year round. One of my

families favorite areas was the sweet pea maze. They let the sweetpeas grow over six feet high in areas and you can meander your way through while you smell their sweet fragrances.

I personally really like the store that was attached to the Flower Fields. I bought many mementos of our day at the Flower Fields. I thought that they had everything you could possibly imagine from t-shirts and fridge magnets to books ...

• on all sorts of plants and flowers to all sorts of plants and flowers themselves! I did end up buying a variety of bulbs to plant at home but found that many of the plants they had for sale there had no chance of growing where we live.

This was such a charming way to spend a day. They have beautiful rose gardens and even a miniature rose garden. Our kids really like

the play areas as well. They especially enjoyed the playhouses and giant mushrooms that they could climb on. We also really liked the tractor ride that you could take around the flower fields so that you could see a larger area than you’d be able to on foot with kids.

This was one of our favorite destinations on our last trip to California and we are sure to visit there one day again soon, I hope!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38611507391030/k2311a116/11.6.08