The Shack by William P. Young
  • The book The Shack was recommended to me by a friend and that was the only reason why I bought it
  • But, I found that I really enjoyed the book greatly
  • I believe this could be one of the best books written in the past 20 years
  • I highly recommend this book to anyone old enough to read
  • There are definitely some pearls of wisdom there

• by Mandi791

The book “The Shack” was recommended to me by a friend and that was the only reason why I bought it. But, I found that I really enjoyed the book greatly. The book is based on a true story, and is written by a friend of the person to whom it happened.

The story starts off when a family goes on a vacation together and

the vacation ends in a tragedy when one of the children is kidnapped. They later find out that the kidnapper is a serial killer of young girls, specifically the Ladybug Killer. This causes Mack, the main character, to lose his faith in God. Things start to fall apart in his family, and his life is full of sadness, until one day he receives a note,

• an invitation from God. This is where the story really begins, in The Shack.

This book is largely Christian based, but can be enjoyed by anyone. This book changes your ideas and makes you think differently about the world, and your relationships. It causes you to expand you horizons in such a great way. This book personally challenged my pre-conceived ideas about life, and what I

believed it to be.

What Mack experiences in “The Shack” can teach you quite a bit, and you end up wondering why something like that couldn’t happen to you. I believe this could be one of the best books written in the past 20 years. I highly recommend this book to anyone old enough to read. There are definitely some pearls of wisdom there.

The Shack by William P. Young
    Jonah says :

Is the book fiction or fact? I can find no record of the killing.

John says :

It’s genre is fiction.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17611507290930/k2311a116/11.6.08