Claritin
  • If you're a singer or a contact lens-wearer, you might need to really consider if this is the best allergy solution for you
  • Overall, I think it is a great product and the best allergy medicine that I have found over the counter

• by auriel3000

I am very sensitive to any type of drug or medicine, so I have to be careful when taking even over-the-counter varieties. Antihistamines can be tricky since typically they make you drowsy. For me - they practically render me unconscious. If I take a non-drowsy variety - such as one with pseudoephedrine - I get very wired and am on the verge of hallucinations. But when allergies started kicking in pretty bad for me a few years back, I needed to find something I could use.

My mother is also sensitive to drugs, so

she suggested something her doctor recommended: Claritin. Claritin is actually the brand name for Loratidine. Since Claritin is a brand - it is much more expensive. When I buy it now, I just buy generic Loratidine, and can sometimes even find it at dollar stores - but they disappear fast off the shelves.

This little teeny, tiny tablet is a wonder. It works great and lasts for 24 hours. I have had no nervous system or drowsiness side effects whatsoever. One thing I did discover though - it is very strong and after consistent ...

• use it does what it is supposed to do a little too well. I went through a period of time where I was taking it every day because we had a kitten in the house. I went to get my eyes checked, and lo and behold, the opthamologist asked if I was on Claritin! Apparently, it has a reputation for drying you out so much, it dries out your eyes and throat. I had noticed an odd hoarseness too.

I have since taken it only when I really need it - springtime, cleaning

house, going to someone’s house with a lot of animals or when it is windy out. If I am taking it consistently, I try and stagger it by taking 3 days on, 1 day off - that type of thing. If you’re a singer or a contact lens-wearer, you might need to really consider if this is the best allergy solution for you.

Overall, I think it is a great product and the best allergy medicine that I have found over the counter. I think for someone as sensitive as me, that is saying a lot.

Claritin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26611507270930/k2311a116/11.6.08