American Airlines  » Airlines  »
1.5
  • The flight to us was just fine, there were no changes in the fees that my boyfriend paid for, however, when we brought her back to the airport to take her flight home, the woman at the counter told us that we hadn't paid the unaccompanied minor fee of $100
  • We were not happy with this new fee and we made that known

• by Katy Alberts

American Airlines is Awful. I will never ever ever fly American again after the last time we used them to fly my boyfriend’s 13 year old sister in from Oklahoma to Nashville.

the airport to take her flight home, the woman at the counter told us that we hadn’t paid the unaccompanied minor fee of $100.

Ok, for one thing it is ridiculous of an airline to spring a fee on you when you have already paid for the ticket online.

They should have mentioned this extra fee before the ...

• ticket was even purchased.

We were not happy with this new fee and we made that known.

The woman at the counter was very snippy with us and would not back down, so my boyfriend was FORCED to pay the fee, I mean what where we going to do? she had to get back home.

I heard that due

to the declining profitability of American Airelines, they cut the salaries of all of their staff members which is awful for one and could have something to do with why they are so unpleasant these days.

Also, American airlines charges you for EVERY checked bag, you don’t even get one for free.

I will only fly Southwest from now on.

American Airlines SUCKS.

American Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40611507190930/k2311a116/11.6.08