Toshiba Satellite Laptop
  • I bought my Toshiba laptop three months ago, and have already had several problems with it
  • The first problem is that my DVD/CD drive has started acting up
  • I think this should not be happening with a brand new computer
  • Another thing that I found annoying is all the programs preinstalled on your computer that you don't want or need
  • There are a few good things about the computer, but in my opinion, it doesn't make up enough for the bad things that I have found

• by Mandi791

I bought my Toshiba laptop three months ago, and have already had several problems with it. The first problem is that my DVD/CD drive has started acting up. The system is not recognizing the drive, and I am not able to watch any DVD’s or listen to Cd’s from my laptop. This is really annoying because I want to be able to watch DVD’s from my laptop now that I am traveling in Mexico.

Another

problem I have been having is with my Sound Device. I often startup my computer to find an error message telling me that there is no sound device installed. I then have to go and disable the device, and enable it again to get it to work. This is something I have been having to do over and over again. I think this should not be happening with a brand new computer.

Another thing that I ...

• found annoying is all the programs preinstalled on your computer that you don’t want or need. It takes up space and makes the system run more slowly. I know that this is common with my laptop brands, but I find it very bothersome. I feel like if you are going to pay so much money for something, they shouldn’t crud it up with a bunch of junk before you buy it, just so they can make
        more money.

There are a few good things about the computer, but in my opinion, it doesn’t make up enough for the bad things that I have found. I am not very happy with my laptop, and it’s hard to believe that I am already considering selling this one and investing in a new one. If you are planning on buying a new laptop, I would skip over Toshiba, and go for IBM, or something else.

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
    robert says :

forgot bios password and cant open my laptop

Jules Li says :

One option that you have to erase the password is to contact Toshiba. At last notice the price was 100 dollars to erase. Another option that known to work is to remove the JCMOS, which would require you to open the laptop. You have to remove the memory first to access these.

robert burns says :

i forgot bios password and cant open my laptop

Jules Li says :

To reset the bios password you will have to remove the jcmos jumpers. You will need to remove the memory to access them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63611506680130/k2311a116/11.6.08