Her Majesty’s Wizard by Christopher Stasheff  » Books  »
  • I really love this series and feel this first novel introduces us to the characters very well
  • I found this an interesting premise that differs from other time travel fantasy novels
  • There are other strong characters that I like as well
  • In my opinion this book is very good and has quite a bit of action and magic among
  • If you like fantasy, magic and sorcery, I can certainly recommend this book

• by LP Jardine

Her Majesty’s Wizard is the first book in the Wizard in Rhyme series written by Christopher Stasheff. I find this first book to be very funny. The book takes place in Medieval times with magic and scorcery. I really love this series and feel this first novel introduces us to the characters very well.

Matt Mantrell is transported to an alternate universe to

help save the princess, Alisande and the land of Merovence from evil and sorcery.

Since Matt is from our world he uses knowledge from this world to help him in this new world he was brought to. To the locals way of thinking he is something extraordinary whereas in our world he was simply ordinary. I found this an interesting premise that ...

• differs from other time travel fantasy novels.

I like the humor in this book. The book explores good and evil magic in a funny yet extremely entertaining manner.

There are interesting characters and supporting characters in this novel. The most amusing character to me is Stegoman the dragon, Matt’s first and best friend. There are other strong characters that I like as well.

To

me this book is very entertaining and quite a good read. It is well written and keeps my attention. This is one of those books I find myself reading over and over.

In my opinion this book is very good and has quite a bit of action and magic among.

If you like fantasy, magic and sorcery, I can certainly recommend this book. It is highly entertaining.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17611506620130/k2311a116/11.6.08