Stainless Steelo No Rust  » Housewares  »
  • I bought Stainless Steelo No Rust because I couldn't believe that there was a steel wool on the market that didn't rust
  • The pads can be used wet or dry but I prefer to use them wet
  • The box says that you can use the Stainless Steelo pads on sinks or the shower tray but I wouldn't recommend it as the Stainless Steelo pads can leave permanent scratches
  • The Stainless Steelo No Rust pads are more expensive than other stainless steel pads I paid $2.49 AUS

• by Virinia Downham

For years I use to buy the cheapest bran of steel wool on the market. I figured that all steel wool was the same and why pay extra for something that doesn’t last more than one or two times. I use to think that the little rust stains on my sink were just something I had to live with. Steel wool is a handy thing to have around the kitchen it can clean so many things.

Then I started to get nasty rust marks on my white crockery and in my cups. Enough is enough I finally decided to see what kinds of steel wool were on the market. I was about to

make a steel wool upgrade.

I bought Stainless Steelo No Rust because I couldn’t believe that there was a steel wool on the market that didn’t rust. I am happy to report that Stainless Steelo No Rust keeps its promise, the five stainless steel wool pads you get in each box never rust. I find the stainless steel pads great for cleaning pots pans and general cookware but not the non stick variety.

If you use the Stainless Steelo pads on non stick or delicate surfaces you permenently scratch them. The Stainless Steelo pads help clean even the toughest baked in marks in the oven. I have also used my Stainless Steelo pads ...

• on our barbecue with brilliant results.

The pads can be used wet or dry but I prefer to use them wet. The box says that you can use the Stainless Steelo pads on sinks or the shower tray but I wouldn’t recommend it as the Stainless Steelo pads can leave permanent scratches. The box gives you First Aid advice saying that if you need advice contact the Poisons Information Centre.

I can’t imagine anyone wanting to swallow a Stainless Steelo Pad but if one of my children ever did I’d rush them to hospital. After a Stainless Steelo pad has been used a few times stray stainless steel wires can prick your finger

and they hurt. So as soon as one of my Steelo pads starts to shed I throw them away.

The Stainless Steelo No Rust pads are more expensive than other stainless steel pads I paid $2. 49 AUS. However as these pads do not rust they will outlive the cheaper pads that start to rust as soon as they get wet so Stainless Steelo No Rust pads are worth the extra money.

I highly recommend Stainless Steelo Pads but only on metal surfaces that have not been treated with a non-stick surface. Never use Stainless Steelo pads on sinks and in the shower tray unless you are extremely careful. The chances are the stainless steelo pad will leave scratches.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53511506280530/k2311a115/11.5.08