Lexmark Z1320 printer
2.5
  • I decided to buy myself a small, cheap color printer that would be convenient for small printing tasks and I came across the Lexmark Z1320
  • I say I am impressed with the printer up to so far because of the prominence of rumors I have heard surrounding the printer
  • If you really just want a printer for the odd job, the Lexmark Z1320 would not be a bad consideration in my opinion, but just to be on the safes side, I think one should rather go for something a little bit higher up in the order, if you have that little bit extra to spend

• by Jayscribe

I decided to buy myself a small, cheap color printer that would be convenient for small printing tasks and I came across the Lexmark Z1320.

Very cheap, I got it for a little over $26, and I am relatively satisfied, up to now with all the basic features that come with this “entry-level” printer. Using the software that came with the printer, I can set up the printer to carry out my basic printing tasks rather accurately. Documents come out well, in black and white or color, and images

can be perfectly set up with the Lexmark imaging studio software that offers one various options and customization variations to optimize picture printing.

I say I am impressed with the printer “up to so far” because of the prominence of rumors I have heard surrounding the printer. People say that it doesn’t last very long and this has happened on more than one occasion.

The only negative factor I have experienced with printer personally is the fact that the ink cartridges are very small and do not last long at ...

• all. Particularly the black ink cartridge.

However, there is also another annoying factor involved with the Lexmark Z1320 printer and I cannot overlook it as it is rather annoying. This is the fact that the printer software generally loses smooth functionality and becomes somewhat deranged when the ink-detection features come into play as one’s ink supply runs low. The software appears to be somewhat “confused” at times and I just think this is a classic case of computer software being too clever for its own good.

Other than those fore

mentioned minor technical glitches, I am relatively satisfied with the performance of the “entry level” Lexmark Z1320 color printer. The pricing comes with certain expectations and this is nothing out of the ordinary.

If you really just want a printer for the odd job, the Lexmark Z1320 would not be a bad consideration in my opinion, but just to be on the safes side, I think one should rather go for something a little bit higher up in the order, if you have that little bit extra to spend.

eva says :

I have a Lexmark Z1320 printer which I acquired free from my network internet service . Since, I have another printer with another brand active when it came, I decided to store it for a awhile in case the other printer become defective. Unfortunately, this printer broke down yesterday and needs to be repaired so I have decided to use my Lexmark Z1320 printer. The printer came with one free ink cartridge the colored one inside the box when I acquired it. I installed it on my computer but still I can`t print. It gives me this message on the screen, Print Cartridge Missing . My question is Does this printer require need the two ink cartridges black ink and the colored one to function printing? Do I really have to supply the missing cartridge for it to perform printing? As of my experience with my other printer, I can do printing jobs even with only one ink cartridge present, regardless if its black or colored ink. Thanks for your immediate response.

John says :

Eva, I ran into a similar issue with a different model Lexmark printer. You should check the ink cartridge head to make sure that the clear covering is removed, which is there for all new cartridges. You should also check to make sure that the head is clear and free of debris.

Galega says :

You can select the color tab from the printing preferences menu and select only greyscale printing option. That should negate any need for having color ink cartridge. You should also ensure that the cartridge has been installed properly. The error message shows that there is some problem in putting it into the printer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16311505870730/k2311a113/11.3.08