If I Were A Boy video (Beyonce)  » Music  »
  • First of all, I found it kind of amusing, because the uniform doesn't look like one on her
  • The song itself is rather bland in my opinion, a departure from her usual fare

• by Famous

I have never really been a huge fan of Beyonce’s. But I am at least glad that she is breaking from some of that choppy singing that she does.

In this song, she muses over the possibility of what it would be like if she were the man in the relationship.

I watched

the video, and saw various instances where she was placed in “masculine” positions, the most prevalent being her in a policeman’s uniform.

First of all, I found it kind of amusing, because the uniform doesn’t look like one on her.

It looks like a cute costume.

Secondly, I was having a hard ...

• time getting past the male model in the video.

While he’s attractive, I couldn’t pair the two together.

The song itself is rather bland in my opinion, a departure from her usual fare.

But I don’t understand how Beyonce can say that she’s growing in her music, when all she’s doing is

picking new songs that other people have written.

(There was some controversy over the song’s origin.

) Anyway, as usual the woman looks flawless.

But that is about where the interest ended for me.

I found that she’s still just the same.

And I would actually have rather seen/heard her sister Solange in this video.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14311505570730/k2311a113/11.3.08