Safeway’s Gooey Butter Cake
  • So, when I saw this name it absolutely intrigued me, however, do the appareance of the four cake bars in the box (they have a top layer that appears hard, dry and crackling) I almost passed them up, but the name won out in the end and boy I am glad it did
  • But this is one splurge well worth the price in my book

• by Deanne

I recently purchased Gooey Butter Cake in Safeway’s Bakery and I am glad I did. This “cake” is truely addicting! Although, I don’t know that I would classify it as cake.

I am one of those people who can’t stand hard or dry food, especially when it comes to baked goods.

So, when I saw this name it absolutely intrigued me,

however, do the appareance of the four “cake” bars in the box (they have a top layer that appears hard, dry and crackling) I almost passed them up, but the name won out in the end and boy I am glad it did.

When I opened the package I saw where they got thier name this is the softest baked good ...

• I have ever tried that wasn’t homeade.

It is a thin layered desert that is just very soft and smooth in texture with a surprising almost fruity bite to it.

FOr the most part though it is almost like a slightly cooked dough with a base of cream cheese, very light in texture and flavor it just leaves you craving more.

It is a little bit on the pricey side for me anyway at $4 for four pieces.

But this is one splurge well worth the price in my book.

And that hard looking top is a paper thin layer that seemingly melts in your mouth there is nothing dry hard or even remotely cake like about this it is jsut rich, smooth, creamy delisciousness.

Bianca Hagan says :

Can I get the recipe for Safeway`s gooey butter cake? I`ve made others, but they don`t turn out like Safeway`s. Thanks, Bianca Hagan

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27211505190130/k2311a112/11.2.08