Brita faucet mounted filter  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • Once I moved to my new home, my husband and I decided to try a Brita filter instead of purchasing every week bottles and bottles of costly water
  • We decided to purchase a faucet mounted Brita filter since it seemed much more convenient than filling a pitcher all the time

• by goldenpen

Once I moved to my new home, my husband and I decided to try a Brita filter instead of purchasing every week bottles and bottles of costly water.

We decided to purchase a faucet mounted Brita filter since it seemed much more convenient than filling a pitcher all the time.

Shortly after being mounted, crystal clean, crispy tasting water was magically pouring in our glasses. The filter also had a

switch to stop the filtered water and allow normal water flow.

However, as two months passed we were heading towards a major disappointment. It just happened one day and then kept on happening and happening and happening. The water started to squirt out, first just a tiny bit and then it upgraded to large squirt leaving my shirt and hair wet.

Everytime we tried to fix it by tightening the mount ...

• it worked well for a few minutes only to give us a complimentary shower each time we went for a drink. This seemed to happen the most when the water was hot or the faucet was opened wide allowing more water pressure. Somehow these two events seemed to loosen up the grip of the mount.

We decided to give up and buy another filter set thinking that this one was

defective. Same issue same story. I now have totally given up the Brita filter all together. I have exchanged it for a Pur faucet mounted filter.

Pur offers the advantage of having its mount in metal versus Brita’s mount in plastic. I have never had issues since the change. The metal mount tightens up and stays regardless of water pressure or water temperature. No more unneeded showers for us!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53211505180130/k2311a112/11.2.08