Ratchet Pruner by Greenlawn Garden Products Co.  » Housewares  »
  • I have been using this ratchet pruner throughout the growing season and it's the best item I have ever used
  • The first thing I like about it is it's small size
  • If you're looking for a new pruner to make your yard work easier, I recommend this one

• by Sarah B

I have been using this ratchet pruner throughout the growing season and it’s the best item I have ever used. I always have a ton of yard work to do each year as I have lots of shrubs and trees on my property and this nifty pruner has made the work so much easier.

The first thing I like about it is it’s small size. From tip to tip, it’s just eight inches long. One of my helpful neighbors is always trying to push super-long tree clippers about twenty-three inches long on me, but I find them incredibly awkward to use. To me, they’re just too big and clumsy. I tried them once and just cutting a

thin branch suddenly became much harder for some reason. But these ratchet pruners are perfect and they rely on the strength of your hand, not arm muscles.

I also like how strong they are! They make cutting things a breeze! And they can easily slice through things you wouldn’t think they could. They have these special gears in them. The package calls the gear a “pawl” and they slide from one notch to another. It’s what allows me to cut thicker branches with a small, hand-held pruner. It’s also easier if you cut the branch at an angle. I’m not sure exactly why that is, but it works! The gears do a lot of the work and that ...

• makes it easier on your hand.

This is how the powl works. You start cutting a branch and allow the handles to open again. As it opens, the powl slides to the next notch. Then you cut again. If it’s still not entirely sliced through, you repeat the process until it is. Whoever invented this thing is a genius!

And because of their small size, I can squeeze them into small areas. During the summer I easily used them to snip out young, fast-growing trees that were starting to grow between my hedges.

I have used these on all sorts of jobs: cutting back my hedges, trimming rose bushes, cutting down weeds, cutting branches from trees. I also

like to use them to pick up and carry the thorn-covered rose bush parts to the trashcan. They can easily snip through stuff as thick as your thumb or even a little thicker.

I also love the fact that I can stick them in the pocket of my pants for a few minutes between uses, like when I’m taking a drink of cold soda or carrying brush to the garbage can.

The pair I have are black and gray. It’s entirely made of metal and there is a little piece of black rubber over the part that rests against your palm. If you’re looking for a new pruner to make your yard work easier, I recommend this one.

Vincent D Vinci says :

Where can I purchase a replacement blade for the ratcher pruner?

Galega says :

Replacement blade is not widely available. You can get it only from authorized store of Greenlawn Garden Products.

Joan says :

We bought one and do not know how to open it up. Thanks

Galega says :

Ratchet Pruner is not as such tough to open. Just remove the hard plastic case and you have the pruner in your hand. Keep the rear part in your hand and use it.

Vicki Benzmiller says :

Where can I purchase a replacement blade for the Ratchet Pruner?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53211505080130/k2311a112/11.2.08