Doctors Foster & Smith Dental Clens Pads  » Pets  »
  • I decided to try these dental pads from Doctors Foster & Smith, as I had bought things from them in the past and know they sell quality products
  • I like the fact that I can just grip a pad and rub it gently against my cat's teeth instead of having blue gel drip all over the house while the cat escapes
  • The container also has an easy-to-read expiration date, which I think is great

• by Sarah B

I decided to try these dental pads from Doctors Foster & Smith, as I had bought things from them in the past and know they sell quality products. I really was surprised how much easier it was to clean my cats’ teeth with these little round white pads. My Siamese especially seemed to favor them over the blue oral gel I used to buy from my vet. I like the fact that I can just grip a pad and rub it gently against my cat’s teeth instead of having

blue gel drip all over the house while the cat escapes.

The pads are very simple to use and come inside a handy plastic container with a screw-top lid. I really appreciate that the container is break proof. It’s also airtight, which helps keeps the pads fresh and moist. The cleaning liquid is saturated in the pads, so they need to stay wet to be useful.

These pads are pretty easy to use, even on tough cases. I just grip a pad between my thumb and index finger. Then while holding my cat with my other hand, I rub the pad onto his teeth. I start with his fang and then move to the back teeth. After one side is done I do the other. When I first started with my Siamese, I just did his fangs. This allowed him to slowly get used to the strange item rubbing on his mouth. I also just started using them on my Maine Coon, who is a much more difficult case and yet I managed to get about half his mouth ...

• Doctors Foster & Smith Dental Clens Pads
      rubbed on the first try. He’s very scared of anything going by his mouth as in the past he was very sick and had to take medicine (which he hated with a passion). But I have hope in time he’ll get used to these as his buddy did. Yes, I decided to tackle only one cat at a time as that way it’ll be easier.

Another thing I like is the wonderful fresh peppermint smell these pads have. As you know, some pets can get awful breath, especially if

they eat canned food. These pads will keep the bad smell away. When you’re done, you just toss them away.

I also like that these pads are economical: about $0.08 each. They come ninety to a container. The container also has an easy-to-read expiration date, which I think is great.

Dental care is just as important for a cat or dog as it is for us humans. Pets can get gingivitis and other dental problems if their teeth are not kept clean. Dental Clens Pads makes caring for my cats’ teeth a lot easier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29211505050130/k2311a112/11.2.08