Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Dry Cat Food  » Pets  »
  • I like Hill's Prescription Diet c/d because it works very well
  • I also like that I can easily control my cat's problem by feeding him this food
  • I know I've had to do this on several occasions and you know if cat food gets wet it's bad to eat

• by Sarah B

Eating this dry cat food has saved the life of my Maine Coon cat. There are certain minerals in regular cat foods that he cannot digest. These minerals create crystals in his urine. In time, the crystals block the super-thin urethra so he cannot urinate. And if a cat (or any animal) cannot urinate he will die. By eating Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d my cat can live a normal life without his body creating crystals.

I like Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d because it works very well. My cat has been eating it for over ten years without any problems with urinating. I also like that I

can easily control my cat’s problem by feeding him this food. Giving him medicine is almost impossible so a food-based solution is important to me. I had to give him pills in the past and he always puts up a huge struggle. He’s also quite large and strong: thirteen pounds of lean cat. His weight and strength makes it more difficult to hang onto him. Nor has he grown fat from eating the c/d, which is very good.

I also like that my cat likes this food. It contains chicken, chicken-by-products and fish oil. Yes, by-products are not all that good really but the food does ...

• work as it’s supposed to. The food has a strong fishy smell, especially when the bag’s been open for a while. The kibble is small and round in shape. They are dark brownish in color and are slightly oily to the touch.

Another good thing is the bags the food comes in. They are made from a plastic-like material so they are waterproof. This is very handy in case you need to pick a bag of food up on a rainy day from the vet. I know I’ve had to do this on several occasions and you know if cat food gets wet it’s bad

to eat. Germs and such start growing on the food then and it’ll make your pet sick.

The only think I really don’t like is the “tear here” at the top of the bag and those “self-sealing” things you’re supposed to press together to close the bag. Neither of them ever seem to work right for me. I end up cutting the bag open with scissors. Then I fold the top over and use a big clip to keep it closed tightly. It works very well.

All in all, Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Dry Cat Food is an excellent product. It’s only available through a veterinarian.

Penny says :

I want to know how many calories are in a can of hill rx C D I have a 17 pound cat who does not like this food but trying to find out exactly how much of this canned food she should be eating daily ?

Rosylin says :

Hill’s c/d comes in both a seafood and chicken variety. The seafood is 941 calories and the chicken is 1044 calories. According Hill’s ( ) the feeding recommendation for an 18 pound cat is 2 1/4 to 3 cans per day, so I would probably start with 1 1/4 cans twice a day. Unfortunately feeding canned prescription diets can get pretty prices. You may also want to look into other bladder diets to compare prices, such as Purina UR or Royal Canin Urinary SO. Hope this helps

Joe Kennedy says :

My oldest cat has been on Hill`s Prescription Diet for over 8 years and doing great. He formed crystals in his urine and we finally had a dr diagnose the problem. We gave him Hill`s Prescription Diet X D and now it`s C D. We have two other cats on regular food. The original doctor told us to never let the healthy cats eat the Hill`s Prescription because it would cause problems in the healthy cats. And today we had our new vet tell us it`s okay for the healthy cats to eat Hill`s Prescription Diet C D. What is the answer?

Linda Rollins says :

Does Hill`s have a medium round-shaped dry cat food? My cat is missing 1 3 of his bottom jaw and only has two fangs for teeth.

John says :

According to the HillsPet website they don’t have medium round shaped options.

Angela says :

My cat is suppose to be eating this according to what my Vet said. My cat absolutely hates this food what can i do ?

John says :

I would suggest trying a different flavor. Every cat has their own preferences.

Emily says :

I recently switched my cat to the c d prescription food and he seemed to like it for the first week and now he wont eat it. I think he finally figured out that he was the only cat eating this food I have several and only he needs it and now he refuses to eat it and wants their food I dont let him but he gets mad. He hasn`t ate in 4-5 days dry or wet food do you have any suggestions?

John says :

Emily, I would suggest mixing it with other a small amount of the other types of food that he does eat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29211505040130/k2311a112/11.2.08