Chicken Formula Canned Cat Food by Doctors Foster & Smith  » Pets  »
  • One day I noticed that the Doctors Foster & Smith website was having a sale, so I ordered a few cases
  • The thing I love the most about this canned cat food is the list of ingredients in it
  • I have noticed on occasion the ring pull tends to break off these pop-top cans
  • I think I've gone through about eighty cans of cat food from Doctors Foster & Smith by now and it's only happened about four or five times

• by Sarah B

My Siamese cat really loves this canned cat food. I’ve been searching for a better quality canned cat food for some time but it was hard finding one that my cats like. As you probably know, eating corn gluten meal and poultry by-products isn’t really good for a cat. One day I noticed that the Doctors Foster & Smith website was having a sale, so I ordered a few cases. I was glad I did because they really seem to love the flavor. Both my cats love eating chicken, although my Siamese likes it more as my Maine Coon prefers turkey.

The thing I

love the most about this canned cat food is the list of ingredients in it. It’s totally free of corn and wheat products, which cats really can’t digest anyway. It doesn’t have poultry-by-products, either. By-products are the parts of an animal that people don’t eat and that includes chicken feet, the intestines and so forth. Instead it uses real chicken, chicken liver and chicken broth. The chicken they use is the same chicken you buy from the supermarket. Real meat is important in a cat’s diet because they’re carnivores. The cat food also contains carrots, brown rice, sweet potatoes, cranberries, blueberries, dried kelp,

• and guar gum and ground flaxseed. The only ingredient I really don’t care for very much is egg product as I read that eggs are bad for cats.

The food itself is medium brown with little orange bits of carrot and has a strong meaty scent. I really noticed the smell the first time I opened a can, but afterwards I don’t notice it very much at all. It’s moist and pretty solid in the can. By solid I mean there’s no gravy. My Siamese loves it and hangs around the plate until it’s gone, which really doesn’t take him very long at all.

When I’m carrying his plate he often meows eagerly and dances around my feet until I put it on the floor for him to eat.

I have noticed on occasion the ring pull tends to break off these pop-top cans. It hasn’t happened very often. I think I’ve gone through about eighty cans of cat food from Doctors Foster & Smith by now and it’s only happened about four or five times. On those occasions I had to use a can opener to open the tin of cat food.

If you’re searching for a better quality cat food, you might want to try this brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29211505030130/k2311a112/11.2.08