Iron Sword Wizards & Warriors II for NES  » Games  »
  • Aside from the bad weapon control, I love the rest of the game
  • When I couldn't figure out what to do next, the game started to drag and get boring fast
  • The best feature, though, is that you can save games

• by ReviewDragon

I started out with no introduction to the game–probably have to read it in the book–pick up a diamond, and am immediately attacked by about three eagles at once, and am almost completely unable to defend myself. The worst part of the game is the very clumsy controls. Even though there’s usually at least three enemies on the screen at all times, coming from all directions, the only thing I can do is jump toward the enemies, while dodging anything they’re shooting at me, and hoping my sword hits them in the right

place. Most of the time it doesn’t, but even when it does, more instantly reappear.

Aside from the bad weapon control, I love the rest of the game. There are keys, jewels, treasure chests, and spells scattered throughout each level, meaning when you’re not busy being mauled by enemies, there’s plenty to explore. In each level, there’s something you need to collect in order to advance.

The music and sound effects are very nice, and give the game a very unique feel. The artwork is big and inviting, and the levels just as big. The ...

• main character looks kind of goofy at first, and as armor is collected, it makes him look better and improves his defenses so he can survive for longer periods of time.

The biggest challenge for me was figuring out what to do to complete the next level. I seemed to be finding numerous secret passages and collecting non-essential items, but could never find the item I needed.

Because of the enemies, I had to be constantly moving. The enemies keep you moving, keeping the game going at a nice rate of speed, although it can

get tiring and annoying at times. When I couldn’t figure out what to do next, the game started to drag and get boring fast.

The best feature, though, is that you can save games. At any point in the game, you can get the password that describes what level you’re on, what items you have, and how many lives you have, making it so you don’t have to start at the beginning if you die. Thanks to passwords, it doesn’t matter how many enemies attack you at once–you can always start where you left off.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28211504940130/k2311a112/11.2.08