Smartware 16 pc Silicone Bakeware Set  » Housewares  »
  • In my experience using these it is clean up that is the real easy part

• by Raz

I am not a big fan of buying as seen on TV products but this bake ware set has given me second thoughts. The set came with one 9″ x 11″ bake pan with baking pan storage cover, one 9″ loaf pan with cover, one 9″ fluted cake pan, one 9″ x 11″ serving trivet, one 11″ x 16″ baking

mat, one recipe book and 8 decorating stencils.

Smartware’s ad says that baking has never been so easy. I don’t know if that is entirely correct. In my experience using these it is clean up that is the real easy part. Because they are nonstick and flexible breads and cakes do pop out of the pans in a basically one move ...

• with no real effort. It is great to be able to bake cookies and know that they Will not stick to the bottom of the cookie sheet.

I was also a bit skeptical about the claims of foods baking evenly and cooling more quickly. That was proven to be the truth the first time using the baking pan for

baked ziti though. It is said that the bake ware can go from the freezer to the oven but I am not sure about this as I have not tried it(yet) I have not found a use for the 8 decorating stencils yet but I am sure they work just as well as everything else in this set does.

Julie says :

I have smartware 16 pc silicone bakeware set and it has a horrible smokey odor. How can I get rid of that odor?

Galega says :

You need to mix baking soda with your dish soap (liquid) and wash the silicone bakeware. Banking Soda works wonderful when it comes to containing and removing smokey odor out of bakeware.

raz replies :

I wish I knew what to tell you but I have never even heard of the silicone bake ware set having an oder

Julie says :

Would you please recommend a few different ways and chemicals we can use to clean this bakeware?

Galega says :

You don’t need to try anything different. Use your daily dish wash soap/liquid. That will work perfectly with it. If there is odor, then mix baking soda in the washing solution and rinse bakeware properly. You can also try homemade solution for washing utensils, like that of using lemon.

Rachel Wolk replies :

I use warm soapy water never any and have never had a problem.

carol says :

I am very upset. I have your smartware, and for the last 3 times, when baking banana bread in the loaf pans, it sticks on the bottom. I will not be using your product again, and will go back to my old pans. Carol Pipgras

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53211504920130/k2311a112/11.2.08