LG Glasstop Stove
  • I found that it cooked faster on the suggested temperatures, so I automatically set the temperature on whatever I baked anywhere from 25-50 degrees below what it calls for
  • I can say that I am very, very impressed with this glasstop stove

• by Miss Tackett

When we got our income tax back, the hubby got a John Deere riding lawnmower, and I got my LG Glasstop stove. I think I was in shock for months! It was so nice to finally have a stove that cooked correctly and had everything that works.

I had used the older type stoves for as long

as I have been a mom, so it took some time getting used to cooking on the new one.

For instance, if the cake box says 350, bake it at 325.

I found that it cooked faster on the suggested temperatures, so I automatically set the temperature on whatever I baked anywhere from 25-50 degrees below what ...

• it calls for.

As for cooking on the glass top with the radiant heat, that also took time to master.

If you cook on medium on the older stoves, you may want to set the heat to Low or 1.

I have fried porkchops with the heat on 1.

I can say that I am very, very

impressed with this glasstop stove.

It is easy to clean and easy to use.

It cooks fast and I also believe that it saves on energy as well because it does not take near the time to heat up or cook the food as the one I had before.

If you are thinking about getting one, I say go for it.

Donna Compton says :

What do you use to clean the glass top stove?

Joanna says :

Hi Donna,

you can buy glass top stove cleaner from LG itself, but in all honesty the best thing I have found is regular steam. I have a hand-held steamer that I used to clean my glass top stove. It never leaves any residue, has no harsh chemicals, and doesn’t scratch. Personally I’ll never go back to using anything but the steam.

That being said, I would call LG and inquire as to what cleaning product they most recommend.

Hope this helps,

Joanna
    Giovanna

Tom C says :

My LG glasstop range seems to use a system of averaging the heat instead of giving a full range of temperatures. Putting it on 5 half way to High means that it operates on high half the time and off half the time the lower the setting, the longer it stays off, but when on it is always FULL ON HIGH. I find this very difficult to work with and it causes me to burn things. Is there some kind of setting that is wrong on this or is this really the way it`s supposed to work?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53211504870130/k2311a112/11.2.08