Port Royale Sierra Vista AZ  » Real estate  »
1201 Colombo Ave, Sierra Vista Arizona
  • The landscape is not the best but it reflects typical desert living
  • They do what in my opinion is dishonest and is called double dipping , Basically you will still have to pay some money (in my case 300.00 a month) if you end the contract early EVEN if they rent it out

• by goldenpen

I lived in this complex for a good 3 months. I must admit that this place is really beautiful. I liked the overall athmosphere as you feel sort of on vacation even in the winter. There is a nice swimming pool and a hot tub. There is also a small gym and a sauna.

Location wise, Walmart is within walking distance. The city is just minutes away yet you have peace and quiet. The apartments are not that large (mine was 860 sf) but they offer split floor plans which are very nice should you have guests over.

Being an Army town, they offer nice larger apartments

for those that are TDY. We actually spent our first day in one because the first day we were there the carpet in our apartment was not ready. We ultimately had to stay at a suite in a hotel for a couple of days :(

Once settled in, I had my parents over and we had our own bedroom and bathroom on one side and my parents had their own bedroom and bathroom on the other side. We met in between in the kitchen and living room.

Some apartments come with a small balcony. The landscape is not the best but it reflects typical desert ...

• living. Kitchens come with microwaves, fridge, electric stove and garbage disposal. The garbage disposal was not working adn they sent a work order and they fixed it pretty promptly.

Only small dogs or cats are allowed. Covered parking is limited, so if you have 2 cars one will stay uncovered.

The only thing you must really be aware of is ending a contract early. Please read well before you sign the contract.

They do what in my opinion is dishonest and is called “double dipping”, Basically you will still have to pay some money (in my case 300.00 a month) if you end the contract early EVEN

if they rent it out. In other words they collect the rent from the new tenant once you move out plus your 300. I tried to get out of this but there was no way. It was written in my contract that I was to pay 2150.00 if I ended the contract early.

Other than this, overall a nice place to be, but watch what you get into! This place is good only if you are 100% sure you will stay for the time of your contract! If you are military and need to move because of duty get informed about military clauses and see if they apply.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 62111504360430/k2311a111/11.1.08