Pennyhill Park Hotel & The Spa  » Hotels  »
London Road, Bagshot, Surrey, GU19 5EU
  • There is a Spa at the hotel now but that was only being built when I stayed there so I can't really write anything to review about that

• by Jam121

Surely one of the world’s finest hotels; I stayed there for two nights after my wedding and I was absolutely amazed by the standards throughout the entire hotel.

The rooms

The rooms are all individual; yes all of them are different. None of them has a number so they are all given names which is a real novelty for guests but a complete nightmare for the bell boys who take weeks and weeks to learn which room is where. Our room had a four poster bed and incredible en-suite shower room. The shower had jets all up

the walls and two, yes two, shower heads perfect for a honeymoon couple. The floor was all marble and the under floor heating was a real joy to walk on.

The hotel itself

The hotel looks like an old country mansion house set in beautiful gardens which have a nine hole golf course too. The gardens are perfectly manicured and are lovely to walk through in the early evening before taking dinner. There is also a full sized Rugby pitch here as the England Rugby team trains here, in fact for the Rugby buffs amongst ...

• you there is the Clive Woodward Suite as one of the rooms.

There is also a clay pigeon shooting range in the grounds which my new wife and I used. The instructor was excellent and I was amazed at how difficult it was too.

There is a Spa at the hotel now but that was only being built when I stayed there so I can’t really write anything to review about that. We did get shown around it and it looked top notch. There was a massage room with two beds in for a couple and the

lighting reacted to the music which was very relaxing.

The service

This is the element that really makes this hotel stand apart from anywhere else I have stayed in the world. The concierge remembered us after two weeks away when we came back to pick up a wedding dress and we’d only stayed there for two nights. The hotel is very expensive but you get total quality everywhere you go. In the two nights we stayed I cannot think of one single negative comment about the whole hotel. It is almost always full, which kind of says it all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23110503730631/k2311a1031/10.31.08