Grandma Corbi’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
2.5
  • My husbands little half brother was selling Grandma Corbi's Homemade cookie dough as a fundraising program for their soccer team I believe it was
  • I thought that was really expensive but most fundraisers are
  • I think that is really important as a lot of things you can freeze and then thaw and then freeze and thaw again without it going bad
  • I did preheat to what the directions said so I know that wasn't the problem it was just that we made them to big
  • I love the helpful tip they put on the outside of the tub

• by shaggin83

My husbands little half brother was selling Grandma Corbi’s Homemade cookie dough as a fundraising program for their soccer team I believe it was. The rest of the cookies for sale on the fundraising sheet didn’t look very good and the Chocolate Chunk cookie dough wasn’t as expensive as the rest so we choose to buy that. I believe it was around $13 for the 3 lb plastic tub of frozen cookie dough.

I thought that was really expensive but most fundraisers are! It says to keep frozen. When you want to use the cookie dough you take it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.

What I loved was that if I didn’t want to make the whole batch right away it said

that after thawing I could return it to the freezer to freeze then thaw it out and use it again when I wanted to make the rest. I think that is really important as a lot of things you can freeze and then thaw and then freeze and thaw again without it going bad.

I read the calorie content and for each 1 1/2 Tablespoons of dough it is 130 calories I thought that was very high! It was very easy to scoop and roll into balls. It was so easy that my four year old daughter helped me.

We used heaping Tablespoons of dough that we rolled in our hands to make balls. We placed them about an inch apart but I guess we made them to big as ...

• they sort of fluffed up and bumped into each other.

I did preheat to what the directions said so I know that wasn’t the problem it was just that we made them to big. They did not rise well so that was disappointing.

They smelled delicious as they were baking and filled the house with a wonderful aroma! They were correct on the time it took about 12 minutes for these to bake. The package tells about the history of Josephine Corbi who created the cookie recipe and how the business got started! The cookies come in a tub the same way margarine is sold.

I love the helpful tip they put on the outside of the tub! It says you can reuse the tub when empty to store crayons,

recipes etc. I think its great that they are not only thinking about selling there product but ways for people who buy their products to reduce the amount of garbage going to the landfills.

With the large balls of dough we made we ended up with 44 cookies. They tasted a little better then ok but I probably wouldn’t ever bother to buy them again.

I could make cookies twice as good for half the price by myself. It was a pretty good idea for a fundraiser though as its a lot better to purchase something that I can actually use like food instead of something like tulips that will just wither and die.

At least with cookies we got something fun out of helping out a childrens sports team.

shaggin83 replies :

In reply to matt I honestly dont know. I didnt buy it to do that I just bought it for a fundraiser and made cookies with it. You could try calling the company they would know for sure if you could eat it raw or not.

matt says :

can you eat Grandma Corbi s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough rawl

ani says :

yes you can there is no harm. i usually bake whatever i can and eat the leftover raw.

Galega says :

This chocolate cookie is made to be eaten by human. There is no doubt about that. However, if you have any medical concern, then you can ask. For example, if a diabetic or a person suffering from hypertension can have this cookie or not?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273110503370531/k2311a1031/10.31.08