Paper Mario World game
  • I decided to try this free Mario game today and while not perfect, it's pretty good
  • I'm not an expert on playing video games (far from it) but I found this game challenging
  • Other times I had to avoid dangerous items, like a fast-moving ball or a big bullet
  • Another thing I really enjoyed was the fact that this free game has many levels for me to explore
  • I also noticed the game itself has no restart button during play, which I think is quite sloppy

• by Sarah B

I decided to try this free Mario game today and while not perfect, it’s pretty good. I’m not an expert on playing video games (far from it) but I found this game challenging. There were enemies for me to defeat, either by using my hammer or jumping on them. Other times I had to avoid dangerous items, like a fast-moving ball or a big bullet. The game was also easy enough for me to play without getting frustrated or annoyed (as a too hard game would). I also liked that it didn’t have a time limit of any

sort and that I could use as much time as I wished to get through a level.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the fact that this free game has many levels for me to explore. I think that’s rare in an online free game. I also enjoyed the fact that Mario could explore a few places, even if each level was limited in that regards. There were places he could jump up to or jump down to. I couldn’t figure out how to reach a few places, but that’s OK.

The graphics are pretty good in my opinion. The ...

• colors are very bright and the controls are easy once you get used to them. Mainly you use the arrow keys for moving and the space bar for the hammer.

One bad thing about this game is that sometimes if you use the hammer on an enemy while standing next to a wall (or wall-like surface - some places are hills I think as they are green), your character will be blown backward behind the wall and disappear! This has happened to me at least three times while playing. When this happens you cannot get Mario back - yet

the game continues as if he was there. One solution I found is to use the right button on your mouse and either press BACK or press REWIND. If you press Rewind you will restart the game.

I also noticed the game itself has no restart button during play, which I think is quite sloppy. It should have one.

This game also took a long time to load, but I read part of a book while it was loading. If you have a faster computer, it may load a lot faster for you. It loads slowly because of all the levels.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 283010503260631/k2311a1030/10.30.08