Goya Pineapple Soda  » Food  »
0.5
  • I bought a bottle of Goya Pineapple soda on a whim the other day when I was shopping at Foodmart
  • I noticed that from the first mouthful I tried
  • The best way I can describe it is to say it tastes like your sucking on a piece of hard candy and if I had wanted hard candy, well, I would have bought hard candy
  • Another thing I don't like is the fact that there's no Expiration Date anywhere on the bottle

• by Sarah B

I bought a bottle of Goya Pineapple soda on a whim the other day when I was shopping at Foodmart. I never had a pineapple-flavored soda before, but I did expect it to taste a bit like a pineapple. Truthfully, this soda has a very odd taste. I noticed that from the first mouthful I tried. The best way I can describe it is to say it tastes like your

sucking on a piece of hard candy and if I had wanted hard candy, well, I would have bought hard candy. I really don’t like this flavor very much as it is very strange and the taste lingers in your mouth. The flavor did improve a little after sitting in my refrigerator for a few days, but not by very much. It still tastes pretty awful.

Another thing I don’t ...

• like is the fact that there’s no Expiration Date anywhere on the bottle. All foods should have a date on it somewhere. There is a long string of odd numbers near the top but it’s not a date. I guess Goya does not care about their consumers enough to put a date on their products: how sad.

As the price for this soda was higher than the ones I normally

buy, like Orange Crush, Sprite, Vanilla Coke or Wild Cherry Pepsi, I will not buy this one again.

I also noticed this soda has vegetable oil in the ingredients. What is that doing in soda?

The soda is a very bright lemon yellow in color. The bottle is two liters (67.6 fluid ounces) and sports a bright yellow label with a picture of a pineapple on it. The soda is caffeine free.

jim says :

FUCK YOU SARAH B. YOU AINT KNOW SHIT BOUT NO PINEAPPLE SODA.

nitakb says :

Anytime vegetable oil is in soda, it is used to blend the ingredients that’s consisted in the soda. Other name brand sodas use different ingredients to keep ingredients blended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273010503180631/k2311a1030/10.30.08