Train Wreck- The LIfe and Death of Anna Nicole Smith
2.0
  • Throw in the paternity questions in regard to her newborn daughter and you have a media circus

• by Dana Lynn P.

This book was in the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble (for good reason). There are two things that I like; books and bargains. Since the criteria fit, my husband this book up for me. Biographies and memoirs are my favorite types of books to read.

Train Wreck is written by the late Anna Nicole Smith’s half sister Donna Hogan. When a person’s tale is being told by another, I can’t help but wonder if what I am reading is actually factual.

I didn’t

really pay a whole lot of attention to the life of Anna Nicole Smith while she was alive. I didn’t watch her reality show either, but I would catch snippets about her here and there on entertainment television shows and in magazines. I do remember her being the face of Guess Jeans when I was younger.

I heard more about her antics after her death than I did while she was living.

The news of the birth of her daughter and death of her teenage son in ...

• the Bahamas were on every magazine cover. Throw in the paternity questions in regard to her newborn daughter and you have a media circus. All of this is gone over in the book.

Train Wreck covers the youth of Anna Nicole Smith when her name and identity was still Vickie Lynn Hogan. Dysfunctional is the nicest word I could come up with to describe the family of Anna Nicole Smith as portrayed by Donna Hogan.

A color photography section in the center of the book

illustrates some of Anna Nicole Smith and her family in happier times. There are also random photos of Donna with her friends. I am unsure why they were included unless the author was looking to give her friends their 15 minutes of fame. Whatever the reason, they don’t belong. According to the title of the book this was supposed to be “The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith.”

Much of Train Wreck is about Donna herself and not Anna Nicole.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173010503140631/k2311a1030/10.30.08