Cemetery Gates (movie)
1.5
  • Normally I enjoy most creature and scary animal movies, but I found this one a large disappointment

• by Sarah B

Normally I enjoy most creature and scary animal movies, but I found this one a large disappointment. When I first heard about Cemetery Gates I was quite eager to see it as I had never seen a horror movie about a Tasmanian devil. So when I did see it, it was rather a let down.

The thing I truly disliked about this movie was the fact that the scientist himself actually blamed the animal’s

behavior on the animal and not on himself. He was the one that had made the poor Tasmanian devil into a killer, as real devils do not attack people. Worst, the poor animal had been his son’s pet as a boy. And yes, the teen recognized his pet. As a responsible pet owner, it makes me sad to think what the scientist father did to the poor animal. If he had left it alone ...

• it never would have harmed anyone.

The plot is simple. Some scientists in the US were experimenting on a devil and it grew to the size of a grizzly bear. During the night some students who are Anti-animal-testing break into the lab and steal the creature to let it loose in the woods. They thought it was a very ugly bear. Soon the hungry and now deformed Tasmanian devil goes on a rampage killing anyone

it comes across for food. There are some teenagers nearby filming a zombie horror movie in an old cemetery in the woods and that of course is where the devil goes. The son of the scientist who had turned the devil into a bloodthirsty monster is one of the teens in the cemetery.

If you don’t mind the father’s unethical thoughts and actions, then you might enjoy this horror movie. It is a bit bloody and gory though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113010503070631/k2311a1030/10.30.08