AIM 6 messenger  » Software  »
  • I recently started using the AIM 6 messenger and I must admit I am pleased with this messenger to some extent
  • The size is quite big for a messenger around 12 MB compared to Yahoo Messenger and Gtalk
  • However a really annoying feature is that whenever you log in to the messenger, the browser opens up containing AIM homepage

• by Sydney

I recently started using the AIM 6 messenger and I must admit I am pleased with this messenger to some extent. The size is quite big for a messenger around 12 MB compared to Yahoo Messenger and Gtalk.

You need to create a screen name, which is similar to a email address, but you

can choose the option if you just want the screen name for just chatting on the messenger or an email address for sending and receiving emails as well. This feature I really liked.

The body is quite slim, it is rigid though, but logging in hardly takes any time. However a really annoying feature is ...

• that whenever you log in to the messenger, the browser opens up containing AIM homepage. This I find very irritating and unnecessary.

The smileys are very less though compared to Yahoo Messenger. There was smiley for every occasion there. Also there are no audibles here, no games too. So having an interactive session with the

other person is somewhat restricted here.

However one very nice feature is the Auto responder message. Sometimes I am not a my desk, and there was no proper message to send to those who would chat with me. This I find highly efficient in telling the other person what I am doing when not at my desk.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303010502770531/k2311a1030/10.30.08